Can I interact with the wallpaper slide show? RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to display (somewhere) the path-and-filename of the currently-displaying picture. I'd also like to do file-like things to that picture (delete it, for example).

Let's say that a picture comes up as wallpaper in the slideshow, and I decide now that I see it, I don't want it as wallpaper again, so I'd like to delete it.

Or, a picture comes up that I like and want to use for something else,  so I want to copy it somewhere else.

Or, I want to edit the picture, crop it, or expand it, or something similar.

Trying to find that picture visually in my wallpaper directory isn't too feasible (I have a *LOT* of pictures in there, in subdirectories, etc.)

1 How can I discover the path and filename? 

2 Is there a way to interact with the file too?

Monday, September 19, 2011 12:20 AM

Answers

All replies

1. That is not possible with the current options.
    2. No.

If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration tool
    Monday, September 19, 2011 12:35 AM
  • You can't display the path and filename to the wall picture, like some of the phote view tools does. You can only go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization\Desktop Background" to see the path and filename of the wall picture.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 3:20 AM
  • Ok.

Anybody know of a third-party wallpaper changer that DOES provide these functions?

Monday, September 19, 2011 6:25 AM