Exchange 2003 migration to 2010; anyone can send as anyone RRS feed

• Question

• I have been handballed an issue post an Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 migration. The old exchange server has been completely decommissioned as far as I can tell. 

The remaining issue is that now any user can send as any other user despite the permissions not being in place. 

I have checked the ADSIEdit.msc permissions as detailed here: 

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/df365e57-80b0-4d60-890d-72c36742b072/mailbox-permissions-send-as-anyone-can-send-as-anyone?forum=exchange2010

I have checked all other user permissions that I can find.

There seem to be a lot of articles with people having a similar issue but none with a common resolution. 

Is anyone able to help with this?

Friday, August 15, 2014 12:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• You're going to have to find out where everyone is conferred Send As right on everyone's user object.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Friday, August 15, 2014 1:18 AM
  • It might not report anything about permission but worth running ExBPA to see any configuration problem...

How to find who has Full Mailbox access and/or Send As permission on various mailboxes in your environment? Or How to get the list of mailboxes on which someone has Full Mailbox access and/or Send As permission ? - https://exchangeshare.wordpress.com/2014/06/02/exchange-powershell-tip-09/

Friday, August 15, 2014 1:48 AM
  • Hi, not sure what you mean by "Everyone" user object. I have an everyone group and a domain users group but the permissions are not there. 
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:41 AM
  • By "everyone" I meant what you reported, "Any user..."  It could be the "Everyone" group in AD, but it's more likely something else.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:34 AM