update to power query does not refresh the pivot table RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

whenever i make a change to power query dataset and do a refresh, the data will not be refreshed on the pivot table build on the power query dataset.
    Is there anything which i missed while updating the powerquery?

Thanks
    Satya

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:47 PM

Answers

• Did you also create measures with PowerPivot?

Could you tell us if this issue occurred also before Excel's September update?

Can you create a workbook with the same refresh issue where Power Query loads all data from the workbook, and share with us on OneDrive, dropbox etc? We would need to examine the workbook in order to solve this issue.

Friday, January 23, 2015 10:17 AM

All replies

• How did you load the data to the workbook? Did you create the PivotTable from the imported table or the external connection?
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:44 PM
  • I have created the Powerquery dataset and loaded it into Data model. Then i have created the pivot table using the external connection.

After making changes to dataset and then loaded the dataset to Data model. After these changes, once I click on the refresh pivot table or refresh all from data tab nothing changes on the pivot tables.

Thanks
    Satya

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 6:17 AM
  • What are the version numbers of Excel and Power Query add-in?

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 6:44 AM
  • Does it work if you click Refresh twice? We have seen this issue in the past and are investigating potential fixes.

Thanks,
    M.

• Marked as answer by satyaV Thursday, January 22, 2015 5:31 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by satyaV Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:01 PM
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 5:15 PM
  • Hello Miguel,

Yes I did refreshed twice/thrice still no luck.

@Gil:below are version numbers

Excel2013 64 bit version:15.0.4675.1001

power query 64 bit:Version: 2.18.3874.241

Thanks
    Satya

Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:30 PM
  • Can you recreate the issue and write down the specific steps we can follow on our side where the data source is a table in the worksheet, and loaded to the Data model then used as external connection in PivotTable? With your exact steps we will try to reproduce it on our side and investigate.

Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:57 PM
  • The data source I am using is not just a table in the worksheet, its a Odata feed from CRM and also some tables on the worksheet. In order to reproduce, yesterday I was recreating the entire sheet and saved it. Today i had to modify some query and the refresh was working on one pivot table and the refresh is not working on another table.
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:08 PM
  • Can you delete the Power Query cache from the Power Query ribbon's Options dialog and retry?
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:29 PM
  • Yes I did try that with no luck apart from that below were the options tried with no luck

1. Click on show pane, and right click on the dataset and loaded into datamodel.

2. removed all the connections and datasource settings and refreshed all the data connections.

Friday, January 23, 2015 9:44 AM
  • Did you also create measures with PowerPivot?

Could you tell us if this issue occurred also before Excel's September update?

Can you create a workbook with the same refresh issue where Power Query loads all data from the workbook, and share with us on OneDrive, dropbox etc? We would need to examine the workbook in order to solve this issue.

Friday, January 23, 2015 10:17 AM