DPC Watchdog violation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am getting the "DPC Watchdog violation" message and them my PC is restarting. I have attached the dump files to help diagnose which driver it may be and would welcome any suggestions to fix this.

Thankyou

link is below

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eu0j1ddznwxxrse/AAB5bNUDP8pJlBTe2z5DQ9nXa?dl=0

Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:30 PM

Answers

• From the dumps it looks like your crash was caused by nvstor.sys - there's a few reports of that from a Google search.

Check this thread to see if it helps, specifically this answer:

NVidia nForce SATA controller driver (nvstor.sys or nvraid.sys) can be replaced by Standard Dual-channel IDE controller driver (atapi.sys) included in Windows. This improves stability a bit, and furthermore, allows TRIM for SSD disks. But beware - if you do this change you cannot use nForce RAID anymore, use need to replace it by Storage Spaces technology, which is part of every Windows 10. However, I think that Storage Spaces mirror set isn't bootable as NVRaid mirror was.

You can replace the nForce driver through Device Manager.

Rory Fewell

(CCNA, MOS)

Windows Server 2012 and Networking Fundamentals Apprentice

Visit my site!

View me on GitHub!

Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:43 PM

All replies

• From the dumps it looks like your crash was caused by nvstor.sys - there's a few reports of that from a Google search.

Check this thread to see if it helps, specifically this answer:

NVidia nForce SATA controller driver (nvstor.sys or nvraid.sys) can be replaced by Standard Dual-channel IDE controller driver (atapi.sys) included in Windows. This improves stability a bit, and furthermore, allows TRIM for SSD disks. But beware - if you do this change you cannot use nForce RAID anymore, use need to replace it by Storage Spaces technology, which is part of every Windows 10. However, I think that Storage Spaces mirror set isn't bootable as NVRaid mirror was.

You can replace the nForce driver through Device Manager.

Rory Fewell

(CCNA, MOS)

Windows Server 2012 and Networking Fundamentals Apprentice

Visit my site!

View me on GitHub!

Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:43 PM
  • Thanks Rory !!
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 9:19 PM
  • Hi Heeby,

Please remember to mark the reply if it works.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, October 28, 2016 7:49 AM