none
sbs 2011 standard edition RRS feed

• Question

• HI There

i have the same error in two different situations,

Firstly:

i create an account ( Sbs 2011 standard) using the subs console add a user , I click create account  and I get an error " unexpected error has occurred" the account has been created but the email account has not

Secondly:

i go to an account and i need to up the allocated quota for a user's email, ( Sbs console) I choose my allocation and click "ok" an error occurs "unexpected error has occurred" and the allocation fails.

i cannot find any errors in the event log, there is plenty of space on the system disk.

can someone please point me in the correct area to resolve this issue

Thanks

Todd

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 12:38 AM

Answers

• Hi:

I would start by examining the console.log file, found by following this blog:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2008/10/01/key-small-business-server-2008-log-files.aspx

If the log file is too long to make any sense of it, rename it console.gol and run the wizard again.  Also look for any log file in that location that updates to the current data and examine them as well.

Let us know what errors you fine, either by posting a short segment here or by posting the entire log to skydrive and giving use a link.

Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] If your question is answered, please mark the response as the answer so that others can benefit.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:35 AM

All replies

• Hi:

I would start by examining the console.log file, found by following this blog:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2008/10/01/key-small-business-server-2008-log-files.aspx

If the log file is too long to make any sense of it, rename it console.gol and run the wizard again.  Also look for any log file in that location that updates to the current data and examine them as well.

Let us know what errors you fine, either by posting a short segment here or by posting the entire log to skydrive and giving use a link.

Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] If your question is answered, please mark the response as the answer so that others can benefit.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:35 AM
  • Hey,

Can you Launch the Registry Console and at the location  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ SmallBusinessServer \ Components check whether you are able to see the key Messaging. If yes kindly let us know the value for the same.

Also can you share the exception you see in the ADDUSER.log at the location : C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Logs

Thanks,

Sam

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 8:33 PM