none
an unknown error occurred error code 0x80040119 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a Windows 7 pro laptop with Office 2016 Home and Business and this user is suddenly getting the following error..... "an unknown error occurred error code 0x80040119".

This is a pop account and the PST file is located in his personal folder on the server. There has been no issues for months. I have ran a SCANPST several times finding no errors. Reinstalled Office 2016. Recreated a new profile twice.

I discovered that the old PST if moved back to the computer itself works fine. Disabled the virus scan but no luck. I setup his account with same PST from his personal network drive to another similar computer with Office 2013 and it works fine. 

Did a system restore and not luck. Disabled virus scan. Nothing.

Articles online indicate that the PST is corrupt but I do not believe that.

Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Thank you

Saturday, June 10, 2017 2:07 PM

Answers

• Thanks for everyone's reply.

I was able to resolve my problem. I downgraded from Outlook 2016 to 2013 and was able to access the suspected corrupt PST file successfully. As mentioned previously I was able to access the PST file on another machine with Outlook 2013. Not sure what it is about Outlook 2016.

Monday, June 12, 2017 8:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From the description, the PST file is stored on a network share, I'm afraid this is more likely the root cause.

PST files are not intended as an enterprise network solution. Although it is possible to specify a network directory or a Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path as a storage location for a .pst file, network usage is not meant to be a long-term, continuous-use method of storing messages in an enterprise environment. 

It could cause several unexpected issues when PST files are store on a network share. Additionally, the use of a .pst file over a network connection may result in a corrupted .pst file if the connection degrades or fails. See the following article for more information:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/297019/limits-to-using-personal-folders-.pst-files-over-lan-and-wan-links

It's recommended to store the PST file to your local drive and then see whether this issue will happen again.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 12, 2017 9:07 AM
  • Hello,

As you have tried all the possible solution but the error still occurs. Might be your Outlook data file (.pst) is highly corrupted that's why Inbox Repair Tool (SCANPST.EXE) unable to fix the Outlook Error 0x80040119 message. So, you have to repair PST file with the help of any third party application. I would like to suggest SysTool Outlook Recovery Tool which repairs highly damaged PST file quickly.

Also, see this link which is explaining the same error message. It may help you to sort out the bug.  
    http://www.pstrecovery.net/blog/outlook-error-0x80040600-and-0x80040119.html

Thanks & Regards
    Kelvin Howard
    Monday, June 12, 2017 10:28 AM
  • Thanks for everyone's reply.

I was able to resolve my problem. I downgraded from Outlook 2016 to 2013 and was able to access the suspected corrupt PST file successfully. As mentioned previously I was able to access the PST file on another machine with Outlook 2013. Not sure what it is about Outlook 2016.

Monday, June 12, 2017 8:20 PM