paste huge data from Word to Excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

please i need help as i want to paste huge data from Word to Excel for about 5000 pages, but usually i face an error "Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE", after click OK the excel is loading for a while then push  another error with "excel cannot paste the data", in knowing that i tried to work with safe mode excel and word.

is there any solution for this issue.

Gratefully,

Thursday, March 10, 2016 9:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check if you select Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE), please go to File- Options- Advanced- clear Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box.

You can get more method to learn how to troubleshooting this problem from this KB article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3001579

Any updates please let me know and I'm glad to help.

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 11, 2016 7:04 AM
  • Hello Ahmed,

how about pasting the data into notepad first and then copy&paste to Excel? This way, you remove formatting and special characters that might slow down the initial Word-Excel path :)

Let me know if it works!

Milan

Friday, March 11, 2016 8:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check if you select Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE), please go to File- Options- Advanced- clear Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box.

You can get more method to learn how to troubleshooting this problem from this KB article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3001579

Any updates please let me know and I'm glad to help.

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 11, 2016 7:04 AM
  • Hello Ahmed,

how about pasting the data into notepad first and then copy&paste to Excel? This way, you remove formatting and special characters that might slow down the initial Word-Excel path :)

Let me know if it works!

Milan

Friday, March 11, 2016 8:05 AM
  • Hi,

Would you show your code including both doing copy and doing paste?

Regards.
    Saturday, March 12, 2016 12:05 AM