none
My Tasks is allowing to enter hours on the dates locked in timesheet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am working with single entry mode in project server 2010.

I have submitted my current week timesheet with some hours and it is approved as well. after approval my timesheet is locked and not allowing for edit.

But the problem is that my tasks page is allowing the user to enter the hours for the same time period/ dates. after the hours are entered, those entries are not displaying in timesheet for submission as its already approved.

is this expected, how the user can submit the hours to RM entered on the my task pages?

Thanks & Regards
    Ravishankar Polepalli (MCP,MCC)
    Microsoft Dynamics, Project Server and SharePoint Server Consultant
    ravi.polepalli@gmail.com

Monday, September 10, 2012 7:17 PM

All replies

• In my opinion, if you are using Single Entry mode then you should not be allowing users to use My Tasks. They should be doing it all in the timesheet.

For my clients using Single Entry Mode I remove the link to My Tasks in the quick launch and disable their access to those views.

Brian Kennemer - Project MVP
    DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Monday, September 10, 2012 7:21 PM
  • We should not be doing it. because My Tasks only shows project related activities and can give a clear picture on what to be done in phases.

My question is why it is allowing the changes for the approve period, where the data will go and how the user submits to their manager if data changed!

Team, any other solutions/ suggestions on this.

Thanks & Regards
    Ravishankar Polepalli (MCP,MCC)
    Microsoft Dynamics, Project Server and SharePoint Server Consultant
    ravi.polepalli@gmail.com

Monday, September 10, 2012 7:28 PM