Winows Live Mail and Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• I have over 2000 contacts in my Windows Live Mail account and I cannot figure out how to merge them into my new Outlook account.    This is incredibly frustrating.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 3:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Steven,

Have you tried Jessie's suggestion? Please follow the hyperlink shared above and follow the steps for mail data exporting.

If you have any further issue when exporting, feel free to post back for more discussion.

If there is no issue, would you mind to mark the helpful reply as answer to close the thread? Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 27, 2017 8:42 AM
  • Dear Author, 

You can simply use the manual solution to import Windows Live Mail Contacts to Outlook without using any software.

Follow these steps to easily export Windows Live Mail Contacts to Microsoft Outlook.

1. Click on the contact tab at the bottom left
    2. Click Export has given in toolbar
    3. Select CSV file format from the list
    4. Click Browse
    5. Click on Save 
    6. Choose the address fields which you want to move
    7. Click Finish.

From the above method, the Windows Contacts get stored in CSV file format. 

Now, it is very simple to import CSV file into Outlook.

Read this article: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/import-contacts-from-an-excel-spreadsheet-to-outlook-f6483469-0684-4c30-82c5-c881930f5451

In this way, Windows Live Mail Contact get exported to Microsoft Outlook without any complications or use of any external software.

Regards

Natalie Chopra Data Analyst

Friday, June 8, 2018 8:24 AM