none
why does property of replicated subscriber show replicated as false RRS feed

• Question

• Hi we run 2017 STD. I'm looking at the properties of a subscriber in a tran replication relationship and Replicated shows false. Why? I'm pretty certain it is replicated if for no reason, the count as compared to the publisher. Is there a way to make sure a table is in such a relationship at present?
    Tuesday, September 3, 2019 5:14 PM

All replies

• Are you talking about the updateable subscription property? If so, unless you are using updateable susbcriptions, it should be false.
    Tuesday, September 3, 2019 7:03 PM
  • Hi db042190,

>> I'm looking at the properties of a subscriber in a tran replication relationship and Replicated shows false. Why?

Did you get the properties of a subscriber from replication monitor as below screenshot?

Could you please share us a screenshot about the properties of a subscriber? 

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 7:59 AM
  • The properties I am talking about are in ssms after rt clicking a table...

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 11:58 AM
  • not sure yet how to use repl monitor but I tried to expand the local subscriptions folder under the replication folder and there is nothing in it.  But I know many of the dbs on this instance are the target of tran replication.   nothing in local pubs folder either but that was to be expected.
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:16 PM
  • Is this is on the publisher, unless you have created a subscription on the local machine (the publisher) there should be nothing here.

Using Table properties the replication setting will be false on the subscriber - unless it is republished or part of updateable subscriptions.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 1:09 PM
  • thx, its on the subscriber.

so what is the most effective way of seeing if table a on/in the subscribing db is participating in a tran replication relationship?  My creds will be limited on both the publisher and subscriber. 

Might the replication monitor be the answer?  When I launch it on the sub machine, I don't see much of anything.  Just an option to switch to a distributor view , add a publisher and a couple of document links. 

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:19 PM
  • Hi db042190,

>> not sure yet how to use repl monitor 

Please try to open it on publisher.  Right-click the Replication folder or any of its subfolders like below screenshot. Please refer to Start the Replication Monitor.

>> so what is the most effective way of seeing if table a on/in the subscribing db is participating in a tran replication relationship?

Please try to check it from table properties on publisher like below screenshot.

I also check the same table on subscriber, it shows false like below screenshot. I think we need to check it on publisher. 

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:05 AM
  • thx, it seems like there is a piece of the puzzle missing.  I don't see the direct correlation between my replicated pub table and receiving sub table.   I'm assuming it can be seen after drilling further into repl monitor. 

What I show below is what I see when I launch repl monitor on the pub machine.  I try "adding a publisher" (presumably to be monitored) and am taken eventually (after hitting add down arrow button) to an instance connection popup where I enter the very same instance i'm already on.  And then get an error saying that either the instance isn't a pub or distributor(not sure what a distributor is) or I don't have permission to access replication functionality on this server.

so what is a low level mode of permission where I can see anything I want replication wise but not create/maintain any replication relationships?  do I want to be added to the PAL (pub access list) mentioned here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/replication/security/security-role-requirements-for-replication?view=sql-server-2017  .  I would ask whatever you recommend of my dba's.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 11:36 AM
  •  Hi db042190,

Did you have the system admin role? Could you share a screenshot about the roles of your login from login properties?

Best regards,

Cathy 

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, September 26, 2019 9:50 AM
  • Hi Cathy. I don't have admin on those servers.   I'm asking for a recommendation on what role I should ask for.  But hopefully not one in which I can accidentally do damage.
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 12:15 PM