none
Windows Server Essentials Connector stops responding during install Win 7 Pro to 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to reconnect a Win 7 Pro computer to a new  Essentials 2012R2 and when it asks me to set it up for just me or multiple users a message pops up saying it has stopped responding. It sets up a profile of _clientsetup_$ and it shows up in dashboard as an offline device. This computer was hooked up to an Essentials 2012R2 previously. Tried uninstalling the connector software, removing the computer from the domain, renaming the computer and re-installing the connector software from the http://(server)/connect. Even tried backing up the existing profiles and creating a new clean one and went through the above procedure with the same results. I set up 4 others with no issues and it would be the bosses computer that fails. I am a newbie so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Monday, January 5, 2015 6:27 PM

All replies

• I'd suggest check the log under %Programdata%\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs\ClientDeploy.log to see if any finding there. Or you might want to zip the entire folder and give us a share somewhere.
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 7:55 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for my interrupting.

Would you please let us know whether this problematic client computer was upgraded to Windows 7 Pro from a previous OS? Did you install any third-party application on this Windows 7 Pro client computer? Just a confirmation, thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 9:28 AM
  • I found the log and I can zip it but I have no idea where to share it, any suggestions.
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 4:05 PM
  • It is a Windows 7 Pro, not upgraded. The only added third party since it was originally hooked up to the server is Windward (POS) and Pervasive client, the same as the other 4 computers.
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 4:10 PM
  • You can share via OneDrive, google drive, etc.
    Thursday, January 8, 2015 3:05 AM
  • Here's the link.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=52CDB020387D3369%21106

Thanks

Thursday, January 8, 2015 11:47 PM
  • Looks some odd account resides on the computer.. Would you please run the following cmd in the elevated powershell window on the win7 pro?

Get-WmiObject Win32_UserProfile | Where{$_.Special -eq $false} | ForEach-Object{$_.Localpath;$_.Sid;$o=New-Object System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier($_.Sid)}
    Please paste the cmd result and let's take a look.

Friday, January 9, 2015 6:42 AM
  • The results are quite long so I zipped it:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=52CDB020387D3369%21107

Saturday, January 10, 2015 12:52 AM
  • Check if there is a local user account named "TEMP.JPCONSTRUCTION.000", which has an SID of invalid format "S-1-5-21-3700039153-242416860-205014687-1119.temp"

Try delete this account and run the connector wizard again.

• Proposed as answer by Justin GuModerator Monday, January 19, 2015 3:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Justin GuModerator Monday, January 19, 2015 3:22 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by RobH64 Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:29 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by RobH64 Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:30 PM
    Saturday, January 10, 2015 4:50 PM
  • That did not work: TEMP.JPCONSTRUCTION.000 does not exist. Tried running the connector again after removing all user accounts except the one that was in use and got the following error msg: "This computer is already connected to another server network." There are no other networks.
    Monday, January 26, 2015 10:37 PM
  • That did not work: TEMP.JPCONSTRUCTION.000 does not exist. Tried running the connector again after removing all user accounts except the one that was in use and got the following error msg: "This computer is already connected to another server network." There are no other networks.

This error msg sounds like the client is already domain joined, but the server cannot find it in its domain. Could you check if it is true? If so, change the client to a workgroup and try connect again.
    • Proposed as answer by Justin GuModerator Thursday, February 12, 2015 4:24 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by RobH64 Thursday, February 12, 2015 4:16 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2015 2:20 AM
  • Make sure you have uninstalled/removed the connector.  It is listed in installed windows updates, not program files. Removed from a domain.  Make sure dns on the client is pointed to the server.

See if you can manually join the domain.  Then run http://servername/connect

Grey

• Proposed as answer by Justin GuModerator Thursday, February 12, 2015 4:24 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by RobH64 Thursday, February 12, 2015 4:15 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2015 3:36 AM