CODE 31 (WLAN is ON & OFF) Network Adapter RRS feed

• Question

•  

As soon as I cut my computer on.

My LCD light that is suppose to turn BLUE (to signal it is able to connect to internet) IS ORANGE- which means the wireless is turned OFF.

I switch my switch to turn it on- it remains ORANGE.

I went to DEVICE MANAGER-

noticed the (!) on my ISATAP under network adapters...

ive tried enabling/disabling it...

Im not going to uninstall- because Ive read more threads about people who cant Install it back.

Ive went to device manager and ran scans, saw the hidden devices enabled disabled iPV6??? or whatever it is.

I have a HP PAVILION DV6000

I find at startup hitting F2 and keep doing this on "last good configuration" fixes it..

Ive noticed MICROSOFT keeps telling us to IGNORE the (!) excalmation.... BUT *** NO YOU CANT IGNORE IT WHEN IT SCREWS WITH THE WIRELESS...."they claim its not" WHEN OBVIOUSLY IT IS...

anyone have any idea to fix this????????????????

ITS DRIVING ME INSANE TO SPEND 3 hours just getting my damn internet light BLUE- so i can get on here TO TYPE THIS!!

Monday, September 15, 2008 7:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please understand that we have tested in several environments, and we could confirm that the ISATAP adapter error would not cause any issue. Microsoft has provided an article to explain this situation.

On a Windows Vista-based computer or on a Windows Server 2008-based computer, the Microsoft ISATAP adapter appears with a yellow exclamation mark next to it in Device Manager, and you also receive an error message

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932520

The wireless network issue in our case can occur if the driver of the network adapter is corrupt. I suggest that you remove the existed driver and install the latest driver.

Remove
    ====================

1. Click Start. In the Start Search box type "devmgmt.msc" and press Enter.
    2. Expand "Network Adapters", double-click on the entry of the wireless network device.
    3. Click the tab "Driver", click "Uninstall".
    4. Click Start. In the Start Search box type "appwiz.cpl" and press Enter.
    5. Remove the entries related to the wireless network adapter.

Then, download the latest adapter driver from the following website.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=1842155&lang=en

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Before installing the driver or software, I suggest that you temporary disable the anti-virus.

If the issue persists, please let me know if the issue occurred since it was purchased, or it started to occur recently.

Hope it helps.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:29 AM