none
Catalog rebuild failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

Been having a lot of issues with our <acronym title="Data Protection Manager">DPM</acronym> server. Basically i had Microsoft support remote on to take a look at a separate issue. The tech emptied the temp folder which removed the MTA folder. I had no idea this folder was in there until i got back into work from the weekend to see all the tape backups had failed. After a quick Google search i found out this MTA folder is needed during tape backups so re created it and the tape backups ran. Now im getting the following warning.

The backup tape job completed, but the catalog was not built correctly for <datasource> although no data was lost, you must rebuild the catalog to access the data of the backup job (ID 3312)

file copy failed due to an I/O error.
    Source location:\\<DPMServer>\MTATempStore$\file.mbc
    Destination location: C:\program files\microsoft system center 2012 r2\<acronym title="Data Protection Manager">DPM</acronym>\<acronym title="Data Protection Manager">DPM</acronym>\Temp\file.mbc
    The network name cannot be found.

Ive looked at the active shares on the server and it turns out the MTATempStore$ share is missing.

Does anyone know how i recreate this share and what permissions i need to use, or if this is even the issue, anyone seen this before?

Vicky

IT Technician Sir Christopher Hatton Academy

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 10:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It's most likely a permission issue on the MTATempStore folde, check below how the permissions should be.

The Share Permissions should be as follows:

SYSTEM (Full Control)

DPMRADCOMTrustedMachines (Domain group, Full Control)

Administrators (Local, Full Control)

Folder Path:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com  LinkedIn:   

• Proposed as answer by Leon Laude Tuesday, March 17, 2020 12:16 PM
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 10:11 PM