none
Closed Projects shows up in Resource Availability View In Resource Center (Project Server 2010) RRS feed

• Question

• In the Resource Availability View in the Resource Center, my closed projects keeps showing up for resources. How do I get rid of this?

I have:

John Doe

project 1 which is active

project 2 which is closed

How do I get rid of project 2 from showing up.  The more closed projects the longer the list.

Julie

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 7:06 PM

All replies

• Julie,

How are you actually "closing" the project? Are you removing all remaining work, and unpublishing tasks?

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 10:07 PM
  • Prasanna,

We have exactly the same issue...Is there a Microsoft documentation how to properly close a project? I believe we are doing what you mentioned in your response. We remove all remaining work and set our enterprise field that says "Project Status" to closed, and I BELIEVE we unpublish all the tasks....

Regards,

Ali.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:42 PM
  • Hi,

As there are still work values for closed projects, they still appear on the list.  Any custom ECFs will have no bearing on the Resource Availability view.  Projects are always visible unless they are hidden - so if they are truly closed you may wish to consider the following.

1. Set the booking type to proposed for the assignments on the closed projects.  

or

2. Creating a closed category with limited access, so your Resource Managers can't see them

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:12 AM
  • Ben. How do we address the Resource Availability screen? It is quite confusing for our managers to see a resource's tasks in Closed projects with "0h" listed, and in addition to that, it lists their  "My Timesheet"...

That's a big pain point for us. 

• Edited by alisalih Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:15 AM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:13 AM
  • Yes I am having the same issue as alisalih.  Can someone help?
    Monday, April 1, 2013 4:37 PM
  • Has there been any update on this issue?  This is also an issue at our company and we are unpublishing, changing booking type etc.  We desperately need to clean up the Resource Availability screens.  
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 2:12 PM