AppV 5.0 Sp3 applications not publishing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've got an issue where by an application which is published to the user is failing. In the eventviewer there are 2 errors which are relevant

**************************************************************************************

Error - Event ID:19104

Task Category: Publishing Refresh

Details: Part or all packages publish failed. Please check the error events of "Configure/Publish Package" before this message for the details of the failure.

**************************************************************************************

Error - Event ID:4008

Task Category: Configure package

Details: Package{XXX} version {XXX} failed configuration in folder " with error 0x74F00F0C-0x80070005.

The setup I've got is that I have 2 App-V Management servers, load balanced, 3 publishing servers and 2 reporting servers. I am using Shared Content Store as it is a Citrix Xendesktop non persistent VDI environment.

I have successfully added my application to the App-V Management console/server. The application looks like it has been published successfully, however, when i browse to the publishing server using http://publishingserver:Portnumber, the xml file that it returns doesn't have any packages showing.

Firstly, how can i check to make sure the application has been published successfully?

I've done a bit of digging and some people mention the permissions on the Shared Content Store could be the issue. I have ensured the Shared Content Store has the appropriate permissions and restarted the IIS service on each of my management and publishing servers but still no luck.

Has anyone got any ideas where i might be going wrong?

Thanks in advance

Friday, October 2, 2015 8:40 AM

Answers

• So, when i said the permissions were setup correctly, I lied. I added Domain User and Domain Computers to the permissions for the shared content store and gave them read access and this resolved the issue.
    • Proposed as answer by Roy Essers Friday, October 2, 2015 10:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by irishsparks Friday, October 2, 2015 10:08 AM
    Friday, October 2, 2015 9:49 AM

All replies

• So, when i said the permissions were setup correctly, I lied. I added Domain User and Domain Computers to the permissions for the shared content store and gave them read access and this resolved the issue.
    • Proposed as answer by Roy Essers Friday, October 2, 2015 10:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by irishsparks Friday, October 2, 2015 10:08 AM
    Friday, October 2, 2015 9:49 AM
  • 0x80070005 is indeed access denied. Great it worked out.... any other issues? Othewhise mark your own reply as answer.
    Friday, October 2, 2015 10:07 AM