Application sequenced in xp throws error in windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends,

We have sequenced applications in xp using app-v sequencer 4,6 sp1 . When we test the app-v application in appv client which is windows 7 64 built os using the sftmime command we are getting the error code as  4615186-16D1160A-0000E01E when we try to execute sftmime load package:<package name> /sftpath <sft file name>.

Kindly suggest.

Kind Regards,

Yuvi.

• Edited by Learn2Earn Thursday, November 1, 2012 4:28 PM
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 4:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Thursday, November 1, 2012 4:50 PM
  • Hi Znazck,

As per the above link, it shows the

• The Package is corrupt.
    • Client does not allow 8.3 file and folder name creation

but if we sequence the application with same standards in windows 7 64 bit, the app-v package works perfectly fine. (i.e ) 8.3 folder name.

Kindly suggest.

Kind Regards,

Yuvi.

Thursday, November 1, 2012 4:58 PM
  • Hello,

I am guessing that there is a difference between the two clients - one of them doesn't seem to allow 8.3-file and folder name creation

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Thursday, November 1, 2012 5:19 PM
  • but if we sequence the application with same standards in windows 7 64 bit, the app-v package works perfectly fine. (i.e ) 8.3 folder name.

If the application runs fine when sequenced under Win 7 x64, is that not your answer?

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:06 PM
  • Hi Aaron Parker,

If we sequence the same application on Windows 7 64 bit it works. But our client has given us only xp sequencing builds.Kindly let me know if the above does not answers your question.

Kind Regards,

Yuvi.

• Edited by Learn2Earn Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:11 PM
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:11 PM
  • Is your client running Windows XP or Windows 7 x64 on their desktops?

The basic rule of thumb is to sequence on the lowest-common denominator (i.e. Windows XP), if the package then does not work on a different OS, then re-sequence the package on that OS.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:23 PM
  • Hi Aaron Parker,

Thanks for your suggestion. My client is running on windows 7 64 bit. Is there any other method to make the applications that are  sequenced on windows xp to work on windows 7 64bit.

Kind Regards,

Yuvi.

Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:31 PM
  • Hello,

App-V is not an application compability solution. Does the application work on Windows 7 x64 when natively installed?

http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/virtualisation/app-v-faq-7-is-app-v-an-application-compatibility-solution/

Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:33 PM
  • Hi Znack,

Yes the application works perfectly fine in windows 7. Even we tried to sequence the notepad (present in windows os) in xp and tried to install the the application in stand alone app-v client (windiows 7 64 bit) , but it did not work.

Thanks & Regards,

Yuvi.

Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:40 PM
  • Hello,
    The recommendation is to resequence the application on the target OS.

Aaron already stated this;

Is your client running Windows XP or Windows 7 x64 on their desktops?

The basic rule of thumb is to sequence on the lowest-common denominator (i.e. Windows XP), if the package then does not work on a different OS, then re-sequence the package on that OS.

Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:49 PM