none
Exchange 2010 - delegate access to Automatic replies (Out of office) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All!

I have Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2010/2007 mail infrastructure.

Very often users forgets to setup Automatic replies (Out of office) before going to Vacation. And his colleagues ask HelpDesk to setup it.

How can I delegate this rights to somebody w/o granting full rights to mailbox?

I think that I should use RBAC, but I cant understand how.

мой блог - http://vvnet.ru
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

you could assign the user to the group "Help Desk". This group can exectute the neccessary cmdlet "Set-MailboxAutoReplyConfiguration".

Greetings,

Toni

Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:22 PM
  • I need assign this rights to users. Not to helpDesk.
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:25 PM
  • Are you looking to occasionally allow one single user to set just one other user's Out of Office?

Having to add these rights then remove them on a case-by-case basis would seem counter productive as it's quicker just to set the Out of Office.

If on the other hand you wanted to allow, say, everyone in the sales department to set each others Out of Office then RBAC would be a solution.

IIRC, You'd need to do the following:

* Create a management scope encompassing the sales department, perhaps the group they belong to:

* Create a management role that you'll use to define the command that can be ran, then add a management role entry to it that allows set-mailboxautoreplyconfiguration to be used.

* Create a role group that will encompass who can change the Out of Office for the sales department, with the above management role and custom write scope. Add the sales department group or their users to it.

Steve

Steve Goodman
    Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:55 PM
  • Hi Yakov,

Any updates?

If you run the cmdlet Get-ManagementRoleEntry "*\Set-MailboxAutoReplyConfiguration", you will find that admin whom is assigned "Mail Recipients" & "User Options" Role  can set OOF for end users.

1, create a custom role based on the either role:

Create a Role

2, remove other unnecessary entriew from the custom role:
    Remove a Role Entry from a Role

3, assign the role to somebody:
    Add a Role to a User or USG

Frank wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Thursday, September 1, 2011 1:34 AM
    Friday, August 26, 2011 6:20 AM
  • Hi Yakov,

Any updates?

Frank Wang

Monday, August 29, 2011 1:41 AM
  • Frank, Steve, big thanks. I'll try create new role today. If I'll have any questions, I'll write it.
    Monday, August 29, 2011 7:04 AM
  • Hi Yakov,

Any updates?

Frank Wang

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:38 AM