Problem with Skype consumer in paired pools RRS feed

• Question

• I installed 2 paired Skype for Business Standard Servers at Site1 and Site2. There is an edge pool (2 servers, DNS load balancing) assigned to Site1 and shared with Site2. Everything is working fine except communication with Skype consumer. If next hop pool for edge is Site1 pool users from Site1 see the presence of Skype consumer users and can start the communication with them, users from Site2 doesn’t see the presence and can’t start the communication. If next hop pool for edge is Site2 pool it’s vice versa - users from Site2 see the presence of Skype consumer users and can start communication with them, users from Site1 doesn’t. Skype consumer users see the presence of all users from Site1 and Site2 and can start the communication with them.

Has someone any idea where the problem is?

Thanks a lot.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 8:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I found where the problem was. I set Site federation route assignment for both sites in Topology Builder published the topology and restarted services. Now communication with Skype consumer users works fine for all users.

Regards,

Jozef

• Marked as answer by JozefP Friday, August 4, 2017 8:17 AM
    Friday, August 4, 2017 8:17 AM

All replies

• Hi JozefP,

When skype consumer try to communicate with SFB users, are there any error messages?

Did this issue appear on all users in your environment?

Based on your description, there is may be something wrong with your pool pairing. Could you please tell us how did you do pool pairing for your environment?

In SFB server, are there any event IDs in application log?

I will share a document about troubleshooting Lync server pool pairing, please refer to
    https://msucmenow.wordpress.com/2013/05/14/troubleshooting-lync-2013-pool-pairing-the-backup-service/comment-page-1/

Note: It’s similar to SFB server 2015

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 3, 2017 6:37 AM
  • Hi Alice,

Thank you for your answer.

Skype consumers communicate with SFB users without errors. But the Skype consumer user name in SfB client is in format cid-(-1234567890123456789)@outlook.com.

Issue appears for all users.

I paired pools in Topology Builder. I set SfB server in Site2 as Associated backup pool for server in Site1 and published the topology.

Yes, there are some relating events in Lync event log. I overlooked them before because their level is information:

Log Name:      Lync Server
    Source:           LS Address Book and Distribution List Expansion Web Service
    Event ID:        62041
    Level:             Information
    Description:
    Successfully initialized Skype search service Base URL.

Log Name:      Lync Server
    Source:           LS Address Book and Distribution List Expansion Web Service

Event ID:        62043
    Level:              Information

Description:
    Skype Search Proxy component is not configured in topology for the pool this machine is part of.

What is Skype Search Proxy? I can’t find any information what it is and how to configure it.

I think the backup between pools is working fine.

Regards,

Jozef

Thursday, August 3, 2017 11:15 AM
  • Hi,

I found where the problem was. I set Site federation route assignment for both sites in Topology Builder published the topology and restarted services. Now communication with Skype consumer users works fine for all users.

Regards,

Jozef

• Marked as answer by JozefP Friday, August 4, 2017 8:17 AM
    Friday, August 4, 2017 8:17 AM
  • Hi JozefP,

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved and thanks for your sharing, it is really helpful.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 4, 2017 8:30 AM