Standardized user out of office recordings for Lync 2010 users RRS feed

• Question

• I haven't been able to find any way to import recordings for the user's voice mail or away recordings. We have standardized recording we have used on our other system and want to continue with this policy.  There must be a way.

Thanks, John Scott

John K Scott
    Monday, April 18, 2011 11:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Let's clarify the question:You would like to play a voice message when some peoples call the user in your orgnization,and you have a standardized recording want to be imported and enable every user has a unified message,right?

Another question is your runtime environment Lync server 2010?

If so and you have enabled Response Group,you can go to Lync Control Pane->select the 'response group '  -> locate on Workflow -> click on"Create or edit a workflow" ->input the application service you will trigger the Response Group Configuration Tool with IE then you can create a Hunt Group and configure the welcome message.More details please check  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg521012.aspx.

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 12:20 PM
  • Hi Sharon,

Thanks for the response.  This isn't quite what I was looking for.  First yes it is Lync server 2010.  I am looking to be able to import a recording for each user's voice mail box vice having them record their own.  The client likes to standardize that recording. So if I get any extension on the system and there isn't any answer and I go to that voice mail box I will hear the standard imported greeting.  Can that be done?

John

John K Scott
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 12:58 PM