none
Windows 10 - Hiding "Recent Apps" in start menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, first off can I thank you for looking at this post!!

The problem I have is really annoying me and I can't seem to find any solutions for it.

We are looking to roll out Windows 10 to our users instead of Windows 7, but we HAVE to completely hide Windows Store and all of its apps - which I can do most of via GPO, but I absolutely can't work out how to remove the "Recently Added" Apps from the start menu.

I know this can be done via the settings menu, but that isn't an option for the amount of users and PC's I need to apply this to.

Have tried doing a full export of the users registry with it turned on and off, then a comparison of the two, and there was about 6 or 7 changes, but didn't seem to help much.

If someone has worked this out please help!!!

Friday, May 20, 2016 12:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    As far as I know, for Windows10, there is no such entry to control recently added apps in start menu via group policy. And it is difficult and uncontrolled to set up it via registry key. I would not suggest you this way.
    In my opinion, you may need to set up this option only from settings menu so far, though it will take some time.
    Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 23, 2016 2:55 AM