none
Per-computer printers don't appear at user login RRS feed

• Question

• We've deployed some printers with Group Policy and assigned them per-computer in the GPO. In the same GPO we removed an existing printer. When we test it on a Windows 7 system, when we login, nothing changes.

From our Group Policy Management console, we noticed that running a RSOP shows the same thing, all the same printers are there. We ran GPupdate /force and now a RSOP shows the new printer as well as the old printer gone. Checking the client machine, under Devices and Printers, the only changes are that the old printer has been removed, no sign of the new printer.

We always thought that with per-compute printer, you had to actually reboot to get the thing installed. Today I read a Technet article that gave me some hope (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731292.aspx ) It says that "For per-computer connections, Windows adds the printer connections when the user logs on."

Why isn't this happening when I logon?

Orange County District Attorney
    Monday, June 13, 2011 3:14 PM

Answers

• Yes, I do see the drivers of the printers I want to deploy on the client.
    Orange County District Attorney

Have you set the GPO Point and Print Restrictions also ? If not, please set it to Disable.
    " Never panic before reboot ! "
    • Proposed as answer by Voldar Monday, June 13, 2011 5:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Miles ZhangModerator Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:11 AM
    Monday, June 13, 2011 4:52 PM

All replies