none
PWA upgrade from PS2010 to PS2010 - PWA Error: Access Denied RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just migrated pwa from one PS2010 environment to other PS2010 environment. I used the database attach full upgrade method. After migrating and creating PWA again on the new environment i accessed it through PWA, it gives me Access denied error for the current user. Although i am able to access the projects through MS Project.

Regards
    Adil

From Microsoft Forums
    Friday, July 29, 2011 7:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Hans,

Problem solved! when i opened site collection administrators in the central admin, primary admin was the same user i was trying with but the secondary administrator was the app pool account. I logged in with app pool account, it went successful then i went to project server Administrator group, there I saw the account which i was trying earlier to log in with, i removed it and press ok and then i added it again. Now when i try to log in with that account, it worked fine.

Regards
    Adil

From Microsoft Forums
    Friday, July 29, 2011 11:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Also I am logged in with the same user (Administrator) which I mentioned as an Administrator account while creating PWA.

From Microsoft Forums
    Friday, July 29, 2011 7:50 AM
  • Hi Adil,

Did you change domains when migrating the environment?
    In this case, login to PWA as the Farm Admin (not the Project Admin), go to Manage Users and give the Project Admin the necessary rights.

Also check out this blog post about some gotchas when migrating an instance of PWA:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2010/06/10/project-server-2010-restoring-or-migrating-pwa-instances.aspx

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Friday, July 29, 2011 8:15 AM
  • Hi Hans,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes the domains are different but the user is also the Farm Admin. Also i am able to log in to the pwa through MS Project. Thanks for the blog post, i will just go through it and get back to you.

Regards
    Adil

From Microsoft Forums
    Friday, July 29, 2011 8:54 AM
  • Hi Hans,

Problem solved! when i opened site collection administrators in the central admin, primary admin was the same user i was trying with but the secondary administrator was the app pool account. I logged in with app pool account, it went successful then i went to project server Administrator group, there I saw the account which i was trying earlier to log in with, i removed it and press ok and then i added it again. Now when i try to log in with that account, it worked fine.

Regards
    Adil

From Microsoft Forums
    Friday, July 29, 2011 11:08 AM