Outlook Profile crash in RDS RRS feed

• Question

• I have a RDS Windows 2012 R2 server with all roles, o365 Outlook and publishing Office 2013. I have one user trying to open their Outlook on RDS, it tries to load the profile but then gives the error below. This user has no issue with Outlook locally. What could I look at in RDS to resolve this issue?

"Outlook cannot log on, Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action"

thanks

Pat

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 7:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Pat,

According to the error message, it seems that the your Outlook profile is corrupted. Please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.

If the issue persists, there is also a known issue may be helpful to you:

Outlook connection issues with Exchange mailboxes because of the RPC encryption requirement.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by pdunnigan001 Friday, February 28, 2020 1:28 PM
    Thursday, February 27, 2020 1:59 AM
  • Aidan,

Would I be recreating the profile on the users desktop? , I'm not seeing one on the RDS server. The users local Outlook works ok.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 1:34 PM
  • I deleted the user profile on the RDS server and that fixed the issue.
    Thursday, February 27, 2020 5:58 PM
  • Hi,

I'm glad to see you have fixed your problem and thanks for your sharing:)

By the way, do you mind helping mark the post above as answer so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 28, 2020 7:53 AM