none
VssClass Error: Class not registered RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we have 1 DPM Server (2012 R2) backing up cluster (with CSV) if 4 HyperV 2012 R2 nodes, especially their Windows (W Server 2012 R2) VMs with Online backup.

Everything was ok, until we added some nodes to the cluster. We installed DPM agent, attached them to the DPM server, it was ok. But next day, all VM backups from this cluster stopped working with "Inconsistent replica".

Error:

An unexpected error occurred while the job was running. (ID 104 Details: VssError:Class not registered (0x80040154)).
    An unexpected error occurred while the job was running. (ID 104 Details: Internal error code: 0x809909FF)

Event log:

Problem Details:
    <DpmWriterEvent><__System><ID>30</ID><Seq>299</Seq><TimeCreated>6/12/2015 10:13:40 AM</TimeCreated><Source>d:\btvsts\40678\private\product\tapebackup\dpswriter\vssfunctionality.cpp</Source><Line>838</Line><HasError>True</HasError></__System><DetailedCode>-2147212300</DetailedCode></DpmWriterEvent>

I tried to restart DPM server, reatach DPM agents, re-create protection groups, nothing worked.

What should i try or check ?

Thanks in advance,

John

Friday, June 12, 2015 10:50 AM

Answers

• Hm..

as always :) Problem was resolved.

I tried to look inside DPM debug logs (Program Files/Microsoft Data Protection Manager/DPM/Temp/DPMRACurr.errlog), and DPM was checking every node inside cluster, but last node returent some error.

WARNING Failed: Hr: = [0x800706d1] : Encountered Failure: : lVal : m_pIDLSAgentCommand->SwitchBitmap(bIsMaster, lpwszVolumeName, gNextBitmapId, nodeCount)

04 xxcmdproc.cpp(1419) WARNING Failed: Hr: = [0x809909ff] : SwitchBitmap Failed for node HYPERV7 with error 0x800706d1

Agent was "OK" in dpm console, so i tried to reboot hyperv and then agent wanted some upgrade. Upgraded, rebooted and voala !

Backups working now as excepted..

• Marked as answer by Nehaleem Friday, June 12, 2015 11:40 AM
    Friday, June 12, 2015 11:39 AM

All replies

• Hm..

as always :) Problem was resolved.

I tried to look inside DPM debug logs (Program Files/Microsoft Data Protection Manager/DPM/Temp/DPMRACurr.errlog), and DPM was checking every node inside cluster, but last node returent some error.

WARNING Failed: Hr: = [0x800706d1] : Encountered Failure: : lVal : m_pIDLSAgentCommand->SwitchBitmap(bIsMaster, lpwszVolumeName, gNextBitmapId, nodeCount)

04 xxcmdproc.cpp(1419) WARNING Failed: Hr: = [0x809909ff] : SwitchBitmap Failed for node HYPERV7 with error 0x800706d1

Agent was "OK" in dpm console, so i tried to reboot hyperv and then agent wanted some upgrade. Upgraded, rebooted and voala !

Backups working now as excepted..

• Marked as answer by Nehaleem Friday, June 12, 2015 11:40 AM
    Friday, June 12, 2015 11:39 AM
  • Hi,

A bit late on my reply happy the issue is resolved.

The error noted (0x800706d1)

Reason why for Hyper-V datasources all nodes have to have the same agent version.

Steps to try:

From DPM console Management—Agents ensure all nodes in the cluster have same DPM agent version. If all agents are the same, do a reboot of all nodes again to ensure they all updated from a registry perspective.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Dwayne Jackson II. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers

Friday, June 12, 2015 11:54 AM
  • Hi Dwayne - Thanks for your above response. I had a similar issue in my environment in which I recently installed rollup on top of DPM 2012 R2 and the backups continually failed afterwards. Error message was similar "An unexpected error occurred while the job was running(ID 104 Details : Internal error code : 0x809909FF)".

I followed your advice of making sure all nodes in the cluster had same DPM agent version and also patch rebooted the hyperV hosts and DPM server.

Now backups are working fine :) Thank you!

Cheers,Kevin

Sunday, July 19, 2015 9:56 PM