skype for business set location manaully via powershell script RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

somehow my skype client is not reflecting correct location even though I have saved them several times.  is there anyway to use powershell script to change them based on ip subnet manually during the skype login?

thanks

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:48 PM

All replies

• Hi mod 13,

Based on my research, you could try to configure the location database, more details you could refer to the following official document to configure the location database in SFB Server:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/deploy/deploy-enterprise-voice/configure-the-location-database 

In addition, you could refer to the following blog to find more details about this:
    https://ucken.blogspot.com/2010/09/configuring-location-services-in-lync.html 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:19 AM
  • I understand from server side but I need something local to  the client. I don't want to make any changes to the server side .

• Edited by mod 13 Wednesday, October 3, 2018 4:02 PM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2018 4:01 PM
  • Hi mod 13,

Based on our research, we did not find the script to set the location based on the IP subnet manually in the SFB client for now.

In addition, we found some feedback to the Microsoft which is similar as your requirement, you could vote those posts, and Microsoft will improve the SFB in the further. Details you could refer to the following link:
    https://www.skypefeedback.com/forums/299913-generally-available/suggestions/32800276-automatically-set-my-location 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by woshixiaobai Monday, October 8, 2018 6:30 AM
    • Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, October 9, 2018 5:32 AM
    Monday, October 8, 2018 6:29 AM
  • Hi mod 13,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:00 AM
  • I don't think this is a valid answer since I am specifically looking for client side settings.

Thursday, October 11, 2018 2:30 PM
  • Hi mod 13,

As the contents in the MS feedback website I provided you in my last reply, we also do not find any script to set the location based on the IP subnet manually in the SFB client settings for now. If you have found the way, please kind share this way to us and it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Monday, October 15, 2018 7:28 AM