ProClarity 6.3 Analytics Server Admin Tool Login Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Running SQL Server 2005 Enterprise and Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise, both with latest service packs installed.
    Installed SharePoint Server 2007 and PerformancePoint Server 2007.
    Installed ProClarity Analytics Server 6.3. Have not yet installed the other ProClarity modules.
    All these programs are running on the same server - an HP ProLiant 380DL - with all latest HP server software installed. This is a BI development server, so I need all these BI apps running on the same machine. When it is decided later to deploy these BI tools, separate servers will be used - but for now, this is a lab/test environment only.

The PAS database is created on the SQL server and that the user name and password have been created. When I try to log in on the Specify Access Credentials window using that name and password, it will not accept it, gives no error message, and re-displays the login window .  I'm not sure the ProClarity Analytics Server is running, but don't know how to verify this.  The PAS database does appear in SQL Server Management Studio under the host name DAHLONEGA, and I can open it and open any of its tables, but I do not see any server name in the list of hosts to register named ProClarity.

How do I get past this point so that I can continue to install ProClarity?
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Glennes2000,

What happens if you test the PAS URL by navigating to http://PASServerName/PAS?  Are you able to see the PAS interface?  If so, and the Admin Tool seems to be the only problematic component, you will want to check your PAS virtual directory authentication settings.  Test using Basic only and see if you encounter the same problem.  Also, can you run a ProClarity Diagnostic Log (Start / Programs / ProClarity) and verify there are no corrupt files or components?

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:49 PM
  • I would have to assume that when you installed SharePoint this disabled/stopped the default web site where ProClarity gets installed to.  Both of these applications use port 80 for their default setup.  I would verify in IIS that everything is running fine and if needed assign ProClarity to a different port number.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937771

You should be able to track down an install guide if you are installing all of these products on the same server.  If you can't find this let me know and I will track one down for you.  Don't forget that PAS is a 32bit application also, so IIS has to run in 32bit mode.  IIS 7 allows more flexibility with this setup of being able to run 32 and 64bit application pools.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 6:05 PM