none
Connect Masterproject and subproject RRS feed

• Question

• In project online (365) Is it possible create a master project with some subprojects?

Can I create  Subproject linked  a one plan master and have many reports for all subproject togheter.

In project online I do create a masterprojet however   how I create subproject link a masterproject?   

I have  3 level of project

projet master ABC

Subproject A

Subproject of A

Thanks a lot,

France B

//France Beaulieu, M.A

Monday, August 7, 2017 5:00 PM

All replies

• France,

The problem with a master/subproject structure is they are prone to corruption. The rules are, no file in the structure should ever be renamed, moved, overwritten or saved off to another location. Ideally all files should reside in a single directory and not be operated over a network. I do not use Project Online so I don't know if that creates any additional issues but since you only appear to be interested in reports I suggest the following process.

You don't really need a dynamic linked structure to create reports. Instead create a static master by un-checking the "link to project" option as you insert each level of project into the overall structure. That will create a snapshot in time of all the projects in one single file and you can create whatever reports you need. Since the files are not dynamically linked, you will need to create a new structure any time you want to create the reports but that can be automated by recording a macro of you doing it the first time. Thereafter, run your recorded macro.

Hope this helps.

John

Monday, August 7, 2017 5:50 PM