Windows 7 Remote Desktop: taskbar of remote PC is overlapped by the taskbar of local PC RRS feed

• Question

• If I use the RD in full screen mode the remote PC taskbar disappears under the local PC taskbar. It is so only from some weeks (at me), this problem is new. Why is it so and how could I solve it?

Thanks

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 4:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you currently installed any updates or applications?

My suggestions is to perform the system restore to go back to a previous status. To restore system will preserve all the software and files before the previous restore point. And all of your private date will be preserved.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by tracycai Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by tracycai Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:49 AM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you currently installed any updates or applications?

My suggestions is to perform the system restore to go back to a previous status. To restore system will preserve all the software and files before the previous restore point. And all of your private date will be preserved.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by tracycai Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by tracycai Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:49 AM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:52 AM
  • Hi, 

thank you, I will try it. I usually don't switch on the Windows Update but as I remember I did an update some weeks ago because I made marry :-) But this suggestion implies two interesting things:

1. Everybody who enables Windows Update get killed by this "very useful" modification of Windows. It is a good example why I don't like Windows Update. But if sombody wants to keep the original behaviour he/she can't update the Windows any more.

2. Nobody knows how to eliminate this new behaviour of Windows. I tried to find solution on the net but didn't find any persuasive and simple method. 

It is really very intresting...

Bye

Gabor

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 8:20 AM