microsoft client virtualization RRS feed

• Question

• When I go to open word 2010 micrsoft client virtuailization pops up asking me if it permit it to make changes to my hard drive all the time and it pops up when i want to work with a saved filed from word 2010 HOW CAN I STOP THIS???????  IT IS A PAIN IN MY :::
    Monday, December 19, 2011 2:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description, please inform your UAC setting and detail error message.

To determine UAC setting, you can type UAC in Search programs and files box then press Enter.

If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely

Rex Zhang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by justme todd Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:20 PM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 3:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description, please inform your UAC setting and detail error message.

To determine UAC setting, you can type UAC in Search programs and files box then press Enter.

If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely

Rex Zhang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Rex Zhang

• Marked as answer by justme todd Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:20 PM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 3:10 AM
  • Hi, Rex

thank you for your help I went to UAC and had to turn the program off to stop it from running before it let me access word 2010. This was the only program that was asking to make changes to my pc before I could use it.  Will this now just  let anyone download to my pc with out me knowing????? or is this just a word 2010 program????????

Thank you

Todd

• Edited by justme todd Wednesday, December 21, 2011 5:06 PM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:44 PM
  • Hi,

The explaination of User Account Control would be here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/What-is-User-Account-Control

What's the detail notification when you set the UAC as Defualt and start Word?

Best regards

Rex Zhang

Thursday, December 22, 2011 12:37 AM