none
cannot connect to my Active directory domain controler, cannot ping my AD DC server too RRS feed

• Question

• Note: This information is intended for a network administrator.  If you are not your network's administrator, notify the administrator that you received this information, which has been recorded in the file C:\WINDOWS\debug\dcdiag.txt.

An error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for domain "10.1.1.50".

The error was: "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."
    (error code 0x0000007B ERROR_INVALID_NAME)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.10.1.1.50

This is the error on client side when try to change from "workgroup" to "Domain"
    Saturday, May 13, 2017 8:31 PM

All replies

• Does the SRV record exist in your DNS?

From your Domain Controller 10.1.1.50, Run dcdiag /v /c /e /s:%computername% > C:\Temp\dcdiag_%Computername%.log

Look for any errors in the dcdiag_%computername%.log

This posting is provided AS IS without warranty of any kind

Sunday, May 14, 2017 5:10 AM
  • dcdiag /v /c /e /s:%computername% > C:\Temp\dcdiag_%Computername%.log
    is not showing me any thing but i managed to connect to the AD DC's Administrator account and is only happened when i am usning manually entering the ip addresses by my self and the subnet mass and the default gateway etc, now the problem is the internet is gone, i do not have internet connection at all. on both sides the AD DC and the client side
    Sunday, May 14, 2017 10:11 AM