Screensaver won't activate when logged in RRS feed

• Question

•  

On both my steadystate computers running the new 2.5 version if no one is logged in the screensaver and power settings work, but for some reason if any person is logged in the second the screensaver kicks in it is like someone moves the mouse or something immediately because it turns right back off and goes to the desktop.  It is happening on unrestricted accounts so I don't understand what the issue is.  These accounts are not being monitored by steadystate, there is no disk protection on and none of the global settings are set.
    Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:04 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi, if the issue occurs on non-restricted accounts, we can consider the issue is not caused by Windows SteadyState. You can also temporarily remove SteadyState and check the result. If we have confirmed that the issue is not caused by SteadyState, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows XP/Vista newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 6:40 AM
  •  johnmann81 wrote:

if any person is logged in the second the screensaver kicks in it is like someone moves the mouse or something immediately because it turns right back off and goes to the desktop.  It is happening on unrestricted accounts so I don't understand what the issue is.

I had the same problem with my Dell laptop. I discovered that enabling "Presentation Mode" was all that needed to be done (this is an option in Dell QuickSet). This enables the <FN> F8 feature, which is supposed to be used when you have an external display attached to the laptop (and I don't), so that the LCD on the laptop turns off and the external display turns on. However, not enabling the option will disable display & system power management timeouts! Which not only stopped my screensaver from working, but also all of my power saver settings!
    Sunday, November 2, 2008 2:53 PM