none
Microsoft Access Database and Query Help RRS feed

• Question

• I am the interim office manager at a local newspaper. I should start off by saying that my knowledge with Microsoft products generally extends no further than writing papers/essays in word and sending mail through outlook. That said, I was thrown into this job with 3 days of training and it's a miracle I haven't messed anything up until now. I'm working on/with the following:

Computer:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8200 @2.66GHz 2.66 GHz

RAM: 4GB

System Type: 32-bit OS

Office Product:

Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus, specifically Microsoft Access

My specific problem is as follows:

I was working in Microsoft Access. Several office managers before me, a database was set up in Access with all of our subscribers, along with several queries with things like expired subscribers, renewal addresses, etc. I was attempting to print out a section of the renewal addresses query so I could send out letters for subscriptions that were about to expire. I made the mistake of deleting everything I didn't need and when I tried to undo, nothing happened. So I closed the program and restarted but there was still just the data I had specifically not deleted.

I spent several hours this morning googling different things to do and settled on trying to re-create the original query. So I went to the original, wrote down all of the parameters and the tables they were pulled from and created the new query...except it still only had the data I hadn't deleted from the original query. Somehow, in the process of trying to figure out other options, I also deleted the remaining data from the original query and I have no idea how I did that.

So my question is what am I doing wrong in recreating the new query? The main database seems to be entirely unaffected by my mistakes, so the data is still all there? I think? I've called and chatted with customer service but got no where.

Friday, April 7, 2017 3:03 PM

All replies