Sharepoint 2007 Email issues? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I've tried a few threads on here and other places but the only solution i have read about to my problem, i cant get to work and i cant beleive that it's the only solution becuase it would mean that Sharepoint 2007 has a MASSIVE flaw.

I have a form which a user puts in the their personal details including their email address on. There are plans for more but at the momonet i'm simply trying to get a few basic steps done.

Workflow :

Details submitted - Email Admin to tell them a new user has submitted their details - Email the user to say thank you for inputting their details.

Part 1 of this works, i can get an email to goto the admin becuase they are a specified sharepoint User.

Part 2 however doesnt work. the email address they enter shows up correctly in the table but Sharepoint doesnt send out the email. If i put the email address in manually (rather than doing a lookup) it works so i know sharepoint has no issues with emailing external accounts.

I have read here that there is a problem with Sharepoint that means you have to seperate out the email address and split it in two to fool Sharepoint into sending the email.

Surely this cant be the correct way to do this?!?! (Also i cant get it to work anyway)

Please help! 

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:55 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Davewils,

I have a test in my local, the workflow can send email well (the email in Send an email action is lookup from the newform item).

As it doesn’t work for you, for better find the reason, would you please modify the workflow to check:

1.       Send an email action: for the email content,  add the lookup email address message (Click Add Lookup to Body, in the field drop down list, select the email field, click ok)

2.       Add an action: Log to History List.

Please test with the workflow, check the message in the email that can be send to Admin and workflow history message.

Thanks,

Qiao Wei

Friday, July 29, 2011 11:50 AM