Safari 7.1 on MAC Computers causes multiple Issues with SharePoint 2010 -Help RRS feed

• Question

• Our Mac user updated there safari browsers to 7.1 and now the navigation doesn't work any more in SharePoint 2010. I have followed the solution here But no luck.

I did create the safari.browser file and added it to the appropriate folder and made an edit in the compat.browser but still users are still having issues.

Do I need to change anything in this folder too? C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\Browsers

I have created a test custom page in SharePoint to get the bowser details and this is what I get

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_5) AppleWebKit/600.3.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.3 Safari/537.85.12

Browser: AppleMAC-Safari

Id: safari600_bugfix

I cant see the AppleWebKit/600 in any of the compat.browser or Mozilla browser file

Thanks in Advance 

• Edited by Patrick.I Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:17 AM aded an update
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 2:52 AM

Answers

• Yeah this is the one:

• KB 2956201 - SharePoint Server 2010
    • Some UI issues occur in a SharePoint 2010 site when using Apple Safari 7.1.

It contains this.

EDIT: Also remember if you can always put the CU into a test environment first. You don't want to install one to fix one issue, but in the process it creates like 7 different issues.

If this is helpful please mark it so. Also if this solved your problem mark as answer.

• Edited by taylor.l Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Thursday, March 26, 2015 5:37 AM
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:44 AM
  • Reading that link you put in your thread the author mentions that Microsoft know about this and are working on a perma fix for this to be released in a CU in Spring of this year. I would wait it out for a bit until then. In the time till the release I would make the user use IE or Chrome.

Just explain that currently there are known issues and there currently isn't a fix for it. 

EDIT: March 2015 CU so it should drop soon.

If this is helpful please mark it so. Also if this solved your problem mark as answer.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:20 PM

All replies

• Reading that link you put in your thread the author mentions that Microsoft know about this and are working on a perma fix for this to be released in a CU in Spring of this year. I would wait it out for a bit until then. In the time till the release I would make the user use IE or Chrome.

Just explain that currently there are known issues and there currently isn't a fix for it. 

EDIT: March 2015 CU so it should drop soon.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:20 PM
  • Thanks for the reply TenPart.
    Is this the CU we should be installing?

Cheers

Patrick

Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:43 AM
  • Yeah this is the one:

• KB 2956201 - SharePoint Server 2010
    • Some UI issues occur in a SharePoint 2010 site when using Apple Safari 7.1.

It contains this.

EDIT: Also remember if you can always put the CU into a test environment first. You don't want to install one to fix one issue, but in the process it creates like 7 different issues.

• Edited by taylor.l Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:45 AM
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 8:44 AM
  • Thanks TenPart for the advice
    Friday, March 20, 2015 6:26 AM
  • If you could mark as answer that would be helpful to me. Trying to build up the score :)

Friday, March 20, 2015 8:59 AM