none
Internet Proxy settings are changing RRS feed

• Question

•  Our Internet Options/Connections/LAN Settings have begun changing on several workstations

to use a proxy server. I have been researching this all week. I have run the fix it utility, manually

removed the keys from the registry but the behavior returns upon login (to a Domain). I have

run AV and Malware scans and nothing is found, however, I do think something is loaded on these

profiles. If I go to a machine running without the issue and login as the same domain user that

has the issue, it's fine. Subsequently, on the machine with the user with an issue if i sign in

as the user from a machine with no issue it's ol. So I am certain there is no GPO loaded. I

have Symantec Endpoint 12.4 and have run Malware Bytes. It occurs on IE/Mozilla/Chrome - all.

I can't find any plug in or other that may be causing this. My next step is to call Symantec. Am

I barking up the right tree? Proxy changes to 127.0.0.1 with random five digit port and with an exception

of <-loopback>. Again, if I change it back it statys fine until the next login.

Saturday, May 17, 2014 3:41 PM

Answers

• have Symantec Endpoint 12.4 and have run Malware Bytes. It occurs on IE/Mozilla/Chrome - all.

Do they have any other AV installed?  I think AVG have a feature which can cause this.

How soon does it recur?  If it is predictable use ProcMon to find out how and when the registry value is getting changed.  Use ProcMon to find out which registry value it is when you change it.

And of course you should be checking to see which program is running and "Listening" to that port.   <eg>

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, May 17, 2014 5:04 PM
    Answerer