Remote desktop in server 2012 essentials RRS feed

• Question

• We have downloaded and installed Windows Server 2012 essentials evaluation version valid for 180 days.  The server is up and running.  Before purchasing the license for the product I have the following questions.

Presently we can log only one user to the server via remote desktop connection, we cannot logon the second user unless we log off the previous one so this does not help us in evaluating the product when simultaneous users are logged on via remote desktop connection. The remote desktop connection gives a message " You need to sign out one of the following to sign in" .  The 2 users it shows as logged on is the local server administrator and the second is 1 remote desktop user.  I have called the customer care for the same and they told us that we need to activate the product first before they can help us.  I am a little worried about the same what if the remote desktop connection does not give the desired result even after activating it, therefore we need at  least 2-3 simultaneous remote desktop users to be logged on to check performance.

Sunday, December 16, 2012 8:48 AM

Answers