Workflow does not delete task RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i have created a workflow in a tasks list that compare the status of an item, whenever the status is "completed" the item must be deleted.

but it does not delete the item.

does anyone knows how come?

Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for sharing your problem.

I think some tasks from user actions may be difficult to delete. Because they have made the change to the wfconfig.xml.  One thing to note is that when you delete these actions from your workflow, the items created above are not deleted along with the deletion of the item. If you want to keep your SP environment clean, you'll have to manually delete all these items.

I wish you every success in your important work.

Best regards,

David HM

• Marked as answer by Dev3029 Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:38 PM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There may be so many reasons for not deleting the item. How did you create your workflow is it using SharePoint Designer or Visual Studio. If it is using Visual studio can you post your code. Are there any other tasks on the workflow apart from delete the item which can confirm that workflow has started? Can you confirm that the worflow is started and configured correctly?

Thanks,
    Skancharla

Thursday, November 4, 2010 8:52 PM
  • Hi,

It is a pity workflows in SharePoint Designer 2007 cannot respond to delete item event. You could do with a workflow or an event receiver in Visual Studio. You have to build a workflow using Visual Studio. Attach it to the ItemDelete event handler to process it when deleting the event. Unfortunately, SPD can't attach a workflow to that event handler by default.

Best regards,

David HM

Monday, November 8, 2010 2:26 AM
  • Hello,

thank you for your replies.

I have created a collect data from user workflow. and when the approver choose approved and click on complete task the file must be deleted from the list it is in.

i have used sharepoint designer 2007.

when i first created the WF it did work. now for what reason i dont know it is not working anymore

Monday, November 8, 2010 2:38 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for sharing your problem.

I think some tasks from user actions may be difficult to delete. Because they have made the change to the wfconfig.xml.  One thing to note is that when you delete these actions from your workflow, the items created above are not deleted along with the deletion of the item. If you want to keep your SP environment clean, you'll have to manually delete all these items.

Best regards,

David HM

• Marked as answer by Dev3029 Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:38 PM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 3:27 AM
  • Ok many tanks for your reply!
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:38 PM