none
Error in Timesheet view project server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We recently migrated a PS2007 environment to PS2013. All seems to be well except for the users that want to view their timesheet in order to submit actual work. They receive an error telling them that there is an error in the view. We didn't change anything in the view and we wonder what's happening here and how we can solve this issue.

Rgds, Frank

Frank Jutte Winvision (http://www.winvision.nl) Project Manager / EPM Consultant

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:17 PM

Answers

• Hello Frank,

We found the cause by using SQL Profiler. 

The timesheet contained two tasks were the value of ASSN_ACT_WORK was NULL instead of 0.00000.

This caused the System.InvalidCastException in the ULS log and the user error the view failed to load.

- Dennis | Netherlands | Blog | Twitter

• Marked as answer by FrankJutte Sunday, September 22, 2013 7:14 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2013 8:25 AM

All replies

• We are using Single Entry Mode and I noticed that when I switch this setting to Off the Timesheets will become availbale. This not the scenario we are aiming for, SEM should be applied, I hope there is a solution for this issue.

Rgds, Frank

Frank Jutte Winvision (http://www.winvision.nl) Project Manager / EPM Consultant

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:29 PM
  • The ULS log does mention certain problems with calling the TimeSheets for the resources:

Exception [bucketHash:EA840634] Exception occured in method 'TimeSheet.GetTimesheetForGridJsonFromViewUid' System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast DBNull.Value to type 'System.Decimal'. Please use a nullable type.     at System.Data.DataRowExtensions.UnboxT`1.ValueField(Object value)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.TimeSheet.<GetTimesheetForGridJsonFromViewUid>b__ab(DataRow row)     at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.JsonUtilities.Serializer.SerializeToJson(IEnumerable enmbl)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.JsonUtilities.Serializer.SerializeToJson(Object o, Boolean isKey)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.JsonUtilities.Serializer.WriteKeyValuePair[T,U](T key, U value)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.JsonUtilities.Serializer.Serial...     0035439c-3c74-806e-ec0d-77f12c3e6250

I can't imagine what NULL value is referenced in this exception and what steps I have to take to work towards a solution for this problem.

Assigning another user to exactly the same projects as the user(s) that receive the Timesheet error doesn't result in an error, this (new) user can view and edit the Timesheet just as you would expect.

Monday, September 16, 2013 11:06 AM
  • Hi

The timesheet might be containing a task which may be deleted from the project.

Try deleting and recreating the timesheet.

Monday, September 16, 2013 1:05 PM
  • I deleted the TS many times and recreated it with different TS option (no population etc.). The result stays the same, the view cannot be displayed.

Monday, September 16, 2013 1:10 PM
  • Hello Frank,

We found the cause by using SQL Profiler. 

The timesheet contained two tasks were the value of ASSN_ACT_WORK was NULL instead of 0.00000.

This caused the System.InvalidCastException in the ULS log and the user error the view failed to load.

- Dennis | Netherlands | Blog | Twitter

• Marked as answer by FrankJutte Sunday, September 22, 2013 7:14 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2013 8:25 AM
  • Hi Dennis,

I encountered similar problems after migration from project server 2007. All my users can access to the timesheet view but when they refer to the previous timesheets, all of them encounter the error in the view. I could resolve this by getting the user to switch back to the current view and then select My Timesheet view, (somehow by the default timesheet view is set to My Work which is not even in my dropdown list). After that, they have no problem accessing to the previous timesheets.

However, this solution does not solve the problem when accessing from the Timesheet Adjustment, I have to disable the SEM option is order to view them.

Regards,
    Woon Woon, Gan

Thursday, October 3, 2013 8:57 AM