Backgrounds and themes have stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. thanks in advance for your help.
    I have had Windows 7 running on my Sony Vaio laptop for about 2 weeks now and love it. But out of the blue, I have lost the ability to have any background or themes. My current background is a black screen, and if I go into 'Personalize' I can change it to a blue screen by using Windows Classic, or a white screen using the High contrast white theme. But when I click on any of the Aero themes I just get a black background. And by the way, Aero itself is working. When I right click on an image and pick 'Set as a Desktop Background', nothing happens.

Any ideas??
    Thanks
    Stephen
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 9:52 AM

Answers

• Ok. I have done the reinstall and everything is back to norm. Will post here if the same issue happens again.
    • Marked as answer by stevel999 Monday, June 29, 2009 6:23 AM
    Monday, June 29, 2009 6:23 AM

All replies

• Stephen,

Have your video drivers been updated at all since your Aero themes became locked? I'd try rolling back the driver or performing a system restore.
    -Alex
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 2:28 PM
  • If u haven't already;
    Try going to personalization and select DESKTOP BACKGROUND slide show at the bottom and selecting the pics u want on the background.

I have had to do this a couple times when for some unknown reason it changed on me.
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 4:49 PM
  • Thanks guys:
    Axfelix. In fact I did play around with the video drivers last week. Will try to get the system back to the way it was as there was no problem initially after the install.
    ruggb: I tried that but I only get the black screen.

Monday, June 22, 2009 9:36 AM
  • Hi have tried old drivers, new drivers...still the same black background. Thinking of a fresh reinstall as this was not an issue originally.
    • Marked as answer by stevel999 Monday, June 29, 2009 6:22 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by stevel999 Monday, June 29, 2009 6:24 AM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:48 AM
  • Ok. I have done the reinstall and everything is back to norm. Will post here if the same issue happens again.
    • Marked as answer by stevel999 Monday, June 29, 2009 6:23 AM
    Monday, June 29, 2009 6:23 AM