none
Sharepoint site customizations

Question

• Hello Everyboy,

I'm working on a POC with project and sharepoint online.

I've configure sharepoint in order to create a sharepoint site when a project is published. It's work fine.

Now, i would like to customize some items on my site like, left navigation bar, create default folders in document library, add a site mailbox by default.

I don't know where i can do that ?

Do you have some documentations about project and sharepoint customization ?

Thanks a lot,

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 7:07 AM

Answers

• Hi LuisQui,

You can try to create some folders in the document library, and enable site mailbox on the site.

Then save the site as template.

After that, when you creat a new site, use the site template that you created.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 8:47 AM

All replies

• Sounds like you would like to create a template with pre-configured settings. If that is correct then I would highly recommend looking into remote provisioning.

https://channel9.msdn.com/blogs/OfficeDevPnP/Introduction-to-PnP-site-remote-provisioning-engine

Thanks

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 1:06 PM
  • Hello AmitVasu,

I'm not a sharepoint developper :) i would like to customize with basic features.

I know that's possible, only want to know how to create default folders in document library,and add a site mailbox by default when the site is created.

Thanks a lot

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 2:15 PM
  • Hi LuisQui,

You can try to create some folders in the document library, and enable site mailbox on the site.

Then save the site as template.

After that, when you creat a new site, use the site template that you created.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 8:47 AM