none
Querying BHOLD object data via API RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get information about BHOLD objects, like object types, attributes, attribute sets, etc. via an API or something of sorts?  I am not talking about obtaining database infomration but rather the schema info.

Thank you,
    Ilya

Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:21 PM

All replies

• Ilya,

If you go to Connect.microsoft.com and choose the FIM 2010 project, there is a developer reference document that is in beta. It should have information on this. There is a web service and scripting mechanism available for BHOLD.

Friday, June 21, 2013 12:57 AM
  • Glenn,

I wasn't able to find it.  The FIM 2010 project empty.  If you meant this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/jj853041(v=vs.100).aspx then it's not quite what I am looking for.

Ilya

Friday, June 21, 2013 8:46 PM
  • There is a GetInfo function in this guide that gets the attribute types in BHOLD. It seems like this should be able to be used to get attributes available as well as querying for actual objects. This is not what you want to do?
    Saturday, June 22, 2013 6:00 AM
  • I only see the ability to get attribute types for permissions object (permissionattributetypes).  Other object don't have anything similar.  Seems to me that GetInfo is more for querying actual objects.

Also, are you aware of any existing documentation on BHOLD functions that can be executed via a script, i.e. roleadduser, orgUnitAdd, etc.  I am looking for a complete list.

Thank you,

Ilya

Monday, June 24, 2013 3:06 PM
  • On p. 9, it shows Script access and permissions and then Execute functions on p. 11. What follows is a list of commands(functions) that can be used, including RoleDelete, RoleAddUsers, etc......Is this what you are looking for?

Monday, June 24, 2013 7:08 PM
  • Are we looking at the same document?  I am looking online, I am not sure which page numbers you are referring to.  Could you please send me a link to what you are looking at?
    Monday, June 24, 2013 7:52 PM
  • Hey Glenn,

I am still in need of that full list of script functions.  The documentation that you are referring to contains only 3 or 4 of them.  I would greatly appreciate if anyone can point me to where I can find the exhaustive list.

In particular, I am interested, if there is a function that will activate a proposed role for a user.

Thank you,
    Ilya

Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:59 PM
  • Ilya,

I'll try to find out......

Friday, July 19, 2013 4:50 AM