Exchange 2007 Mailbox Size Limite Errors RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having error messages on every workstations with Outlook 2007, "You have exceeded the size limit on your mailbox.”

I have already increased the limit through each workstation's registry settings (MaxFileSize, WarnFileSize, MaxLargeFileSize, WarnLargeFileSize).  Also, increased max mailbox size from the SBS Console Users and Groups.  And increased from the Exchange Management Console->Server Configuration->Mailbox->First Storage Group->Mailbox database->Limits settings.

But, none of the settings are helping.  I've even created new users, and their mailbox size is less than 300MB, but still getting that popup error.  There are no error in sending/receiving emails, but when one user updates the shared task, it's not propagating to other users.

My setup is, Server 2008 domain controller migrated from 2003 years ago, and Exchange server 2007.  All workstations running Outlook 2007.  This problem just started a week ago, and I just can't seem to resolve it.  Please help.

Friday, February 15, 2019 4:26 PM

All replies

• Look at your mailbox limits.

Get-Mailbox -Identity "Mailbox Name" | FT Database,UseDatabaseQuotaDefaults,IssueWarningQuota,ProhibitSendQuota,ProhibitSendReceiveQuota

If the mailbox is set to use the database quota defaults, then the effective quota is the quota of the mailbox's database.

Get-MailboxDatabase -Identity "Database Name" | FT DisplayName,IssueWarningQuota,ProhibitSendQuota,ProhibitSendReceiveQuota

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:15 AM