All sent mails are not showing in the sent items folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are running exchange 2003 and we do not use pst files and auto archive. We have one user that has the problem that some mails do not show up in the sent items folder so for example during yesterday he sent maybe around 10 emails and 3 showed up in the sent folder. I have checked and reset all the views and there is no rules applied in the users outlook.

I dont think it can be the profile either because you see the same emails when running through the webclient and that does not use the local profile. 

I need tips how to solve this issue, i have searched but not found any good solution to this problem . Hope you guys can help

update

I was just down at the users computer and sent an email from him to me and the email did not show up in the sent folder but i logged in to the Webclient from his machine and i did receive the mail. I dont understand what is causing this issue

• Edited by Phaize Wednesday, August 8, 2012 8:15 AM
    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 6:52 AM

All replies

• Issue may be because of outlook profile corruption. Reconfigure the outlook profile and the issue will be solved.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 8:31 AM
  • But do you think it is the profile because even if i recreate the local profile on his machine , the issue is even when i run the Webclient and that is not connected to the local profile . 

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 8:50 AM
  • Hi,

Can you determine if any mobile device is connecting to the mailbox or any third party software which interacts with Outlook has been installed?

If so, turn off the device and remove the software.
    Have you tried configuring the mailbox on another fresh installed computer?

Best regards,

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 9, 2012 4:51 AM
  • Hi 

We have iPhones that we do run against the exchange server, but we all do and but what i know he is the only one reporting the issue.

I have not tried to run it from another machine i am gonna do that now in the morning and i will come back to you with the result.

We do have Siebel CRM desktop installed or he and some other people have that, could that maybe cause the problem? from what i know CRM Desktop is only syncing the calendar between outlook calendar and our business system.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 5:50 AM
  • I tried running remote from another newly installed windows 7 machine and he logged in and we ran outlook did try send 10 test mail from him to me and they all went through and were found in the sent folder, tried it from his machine aswell about 10 mails and all the 10 were found in the sent folder. I think the issue is still there since this error only shows up a few times per day. I dont know what to do next 

Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:50 AM
  • My suggestion in the previous post is based on some similar cases like the following:

Please Note: Since the following web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

http://forums.msexchange.org/m_1800528008/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#1800528008

We may need to monitor this.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Rex Zhang Friday, August 10, 2012 5:03 AM
    Friday, August 10, 2012 2:31 AM
  • It is about the same issue but our user does not move mail and so on from the iPhone, He just reads mail in his phone, i dont know whats causing this issue and i have checked everything , could it be something with outlook 2010 and exchange 2003 as we are running atm?

Monday, August 13, 2012 6:43 AM