none
PWA updating wrong for 24 hour calendar tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a project set with standard calendar from 8am to 5pm. There are few tasks which need to be worked during offshore time. So, for those tasks, I an setting them as 24 hour calendar and Ignore Resource Calendar as 'YES'.

But, when the resource enter updates in Project server ( PWA ) the updates are coming up wrong. The Actual Finish/Planned Finish times are updated to 11:59PM on the day. Also, the duration is being overwritten as 23.98h. Anyone ran into this kind of error? And if so, what helped?

Thanks,

Geeta

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:04 PM

All replies

• Can you give a little more information Geeta please?  What is the resource entering when they make the update?  Just marking them 100% complete?

Thanks and Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:40 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Brian,

The resources are entering the time worked on the task as 4h ( 4 hours ) or 30m ( 30 minutes ). PWA is calculating if the duration is 4h, then marking the task 100% complete. If the task duration is 8h,  then the task is marked as 50% complete and so on.

Also, we are on MS Project 2007, SP2.

Please let me know if you need any details. Thanks, Geeta

Friday, May 18, 2012 3:19 PM