none
Need to store Binary in string attribute RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a binary attribute in Active Directory 1 that need to be stored in another attribute in active directory 2 , the problem I tried to store in MIM but in flow didn't accept to flow from binary to string in MIM metaverse and when I converted the atttribute to binary in MIM metaverse I couldn't flow it to AD2, what is the solution in that situation

Thursday, January 16, 2020 10:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What strategy will you use to store the binary information in the AD string attribute?

Base64? You'd then need to convert the attribute to Base64 string before exporting to the AD string attribute.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Thursday, January 16, 2020 1:09 PM
  • I need to store the ObjectGUID of the user in the first AD to extensionattribute1 in second AD

how I can do that conversion ,is that need extension rule or can be done without that ?

Thursday, January 16, 2020 1:36 PM
  • Yes. Extension rule will solve this. You can do translation on import flow from first AD or on export to AD2. Depending how do you want to see it in MV (binary/string).

Borys Majewski, Identity Management Solutions Architect (Blog: IDArchitect.NET)

Thursday, January 16, 2020 9:30 PM