MDT installed on primary site server - any upgrade risks? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

We have noted MDT is installed on SCCM 2012 R2 primary site server one of our customers has. I understand they used this in the past for building windows 10 clients (as current SCCM version on site does not support). 

We are looking at in-place upgrading the SCCM instance to 1802, but is there anything additional we need to consider given that MDT is also installed on the Site Primary or can we ringfence/ignore this? We dont expect it will be used or needed once the in-place upgrade is completed given SCCM will be able to build the Win10 machines, we were looking to remove it once in-place is complete?

Will having MDT installed on the site primary pose us any issues during this process?

Thanks.

• Edited by wntp77 Sunday, June 3, 2018 8:51 AM
    Sunday, June 3, 2018 8:51 AM

Answers

• >"Will having MDT installed on the site primary pose us any issues during this process?"

I don't see why it would cause issues. MDT is installed alongside SCCM quite often (and integrated with SCCM).

You can make a backup of the deploymentshare for good measures, and update to the latest version of MDT once the upgrade of SCCM is complete :-)

Martin Bengtsson | Blog: www.imab.dk | Twitter: @mwbengtsson
    If a post helps to resolve your issue, please remember to click Mark as Answer.

• Marked as answer by wntp77 Sunday, June 3, 2018 10:31 AM
    Sunday, June 3, 2018 9:56 AM

All replies

• >"Will having MDT installed on the site primary pose us any issues during this process?"

I don't see why it would cause issues. MDT is installed alongside SCCM quite often (and integrated with SCCM).

You can make a backup of the deploymentshare for good measures, and update to the latest version of MDT once the upgrade of SCCM is complete :-)

Martin Bengtsson | Blog: www.imab.dk | Twitter: @mwbengtsson
    If a post helps to resolve your issue, please remember to click Mark as Answer.

• Marked as answer by wntp77 Sunday, June 3, 2018 10:31 AM
    Sunday, June 3, 2018 9:56 AM
  • Many thanks Martin!
    Sunday, June 3, 2018 10:31 AM