Is there any fix or solution to, Won't Dim,Sleep,Or Turn off after set time in power options plan? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am needing Help,A fix,Or Solution to the following problem.

I set Laptop to dim,Turn off,Sleep,After set time in power options,But after set time with no activity,Mouse or keyboard,It will blink like its trying to go into standby,"Dim,Turn off And Sleep",But it won't.It will stay on forever!Never Dimming,Nor going to Sleep.So I ran an Energy Report and It is below.

I have the latest drivers and bios for my laptop "msi gx700",I have asked msi for a bios update yet to hear back.I have tried  both bios's that msi offers for the laptop.I have also tried the following,

I first went to device manager,Power Management and unchecked the "Allow the computer to turn off this device",And made sure,"Allow this device to wake computer",was unchecked for all USB and Bluetooth,PCIe, devices,And then rebooted an let the computer ide for set time to pass,Same response"after set time with no activity,Mouse or keyboard,It will blink like its trying to go into standby,"Dim,Turn off And Sleep",But it won't.It will stay on forever!Never Dimming,Nor going to Sleep.".I then went to device manager and disabled all USB and Bluetooth,PCIe devices, And then rebooted an let the computer ide for set time to pass,Same response"after set time with no activity,Mouse or keyboard,It will blink like its trying to go into standby,"Dim,Turn off And Sleep",But it won't.It will stay on forever!Never Dimming,Nor going to Sleep."

I ran upgrade adviser before I paid over $275.00 for the better,Newer windows 7 Ultimate and my Laptop passed,With all hardware Compatible! I have searched Microsoft and the web to it's end,And tried several other things,To many to list,And still no Fix or Solution has worked for me,So I am here to Hopefully get to the bottom of this,And find a Solution from someone or Microsoft, Anyone, Help Please!

Any Help Much Thankful For,

D_Xaster

Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report

Computer Name D_XASTER-PC
    Scan Time 2011-02-23T04:19:09Z
    Scan Duration 60 seconds
    System Manufacturer Micro-Star International
    System Product Name GX700
    BIOS Date 03/11/2008
    BIOS Version 080014
    OS Build 7600
    Platform Role PlatformRoleMobile
    Plugged In true
    Process Count 62
    Thread Count 771
    Report GUID {5883f2c2-2622-48c4-af08-abac053d3266}

Analysis Results

Errors

Power Policy:Display timeout disabled (Plugged In)
    The display is not configured to turn off after a period of inactivity.
    USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Suspend
    The USB device did not enter the Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use.
    Device Name Generic Bluetooth Adapter
    Host Controller ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2831
    Host Controller Location PCI bus 0, device 29, function 1
    Device ID USB\VID_0DB0&PID_A97A
    Port Path 1
    Reason This Bluetooth USB device does not support selective suspend because it is not remote wake capable.
    The USB device did not enter the Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use.
    Device Name USB Input Device
    Host Controller ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2835
    Host Controller Location PCI bus 0, device 26, function 1
    Device ID USB\VID_0461&PID_4D63
    Port Path 1
    Device Name USB Root Hub
    Device ID USB\VID_8086&PID_2835
    Port Path  
    Device Name USB Root Hub
    Device ID USB\VID_8086&PID_2831
    Port Path  
    CPU Utilization:Processor utilization is high
    The average processor utilization during the trace was high. The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low. Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization.
    Average Utilization (%) 11.92
    Platform Power Management Capabilities:ACPI _PSD Object Failed Validation
    There is a problem with the definition of the ACPI _PSD object on this computer. Installing the latest system firmware (BIOS) may resolve this issue.
    Group 0
    Index 0
    There is a problem with the definition of the ACPI _PSD object on this computer. Installing the latest system firmware (BIOS) may resolve this issue.
    Group 0
    Index 1

• I did everything listed on the following pages,
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976877/en-us
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841858
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972664

Now when I set to dim say 1 min,It try's to every time ,but won't dim screen.When I set to sleep,It goes to sleep now ,but after 5 min. after set time,ex. set to sleep after 5 min.,It sleeps after 10 min. No matter if its set to defaults are custom plan,Its always 5 min. late,and still won't dim.Also if I set it to turn off display for set time,and have it to also sleep at later time,It will not sleep or turn off after set time,It tries to over and over again,But won't sleep or turn off.After waiting way after time set to sleep,I ran powercfg -lastwake And get "Wake History Count - 0." ,So it's not going to sleep and then waking from some device or program,Its not going to sleep in the first place,This is when I have power settings to dim after set time,turn off after set time,and later sleep.

When it's set with turn off display to never,It's as I stated above"I set to dim say 1 min,It try's to every time ,but won't dim screen.When I set to sleep,It goes to sleep now ,but after 5 min. after set time,ex. set to sleep after 5 min.,It sleeps after 10 min. No matter if its set to defaults are custom plan,Its always 5 min. late,and still won't dim.Either way I set it ,It won't dim after set time.If I have turn off display after set time and sleep at later time,It won't do either one.

I ran powercfg -devicequery wake_from_any", and get the list below,Which Returns all devices that support waking the computer from any sleep state.I also disabled all but"Mobile Intel,and umBus Enumerater ,and still the same effects as above.I'm at a loss of ideals.

O2Micro Integrated MS/MSPRO/xD Controller
      High Definition Audio Device
      Intel(R) 82801 PCI Bridge - 2448
      High Definition Audio Controller
      Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
      Agere Systems HDA Modem
      Mobile Intel(R) PM965/GM965/GL960/GS965 Express PCI Express Root Port - 2A01
      UMBus Enumerator
      1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (001)
      Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
      O2Micro Integrated MMC/SD controller (001)

Help still needed,As doing all listed on all the following pages did help,But didn't exactly fix it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976877/en-us
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841858
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972664

I didn't get whole report in the first time so I added it below.Also I ran it again after trying above with same results except these 2 is no longer are on the scan.

("Platform Power Management Capabilities:ACPI _PSD Object Failed Validation
      Group 0
      Index 0
      Group 0
      Index  

")
      Sure hope some can help me figure this out,I know there is a solution,Just finding it and narrowing it down seems a Major Task, for a new, clean install of windows 7,But I'm trying and am not getting Nowhere!

Any more response's or ideals much Thankful for

D_Xaster

---------------------------------------------------------

Computer Name D_XASTER-PC
      Scan Time 2011-02-23T14:50:12Z
      Scan Duration 60 seconds
      System Manufacturer Micro-Star International
      System Product Name GX700
      BIOS Date 03/11/2008
      BIOS Version 080014
      OS Build 7601
      Platform Role PlatformRoleMobile
      Plugged In true
      Process Count 62
      Thread Count 770
      Report GUID {7ef8d014-91a4-4db6-a682-1f8fa6f76ebe}

Analysis Results

Errors

Power Policy:Display timeout disabled (Plugged In)
      The display is not configured to turn off after a period of inactivity.
      Device Name USB Root Hub
      Device ID USB\VID_8086&PID_2835
      Port Path  
      Device Name USB Root Hub
      Device ID USB\VID_8086&PID_2831
      Port Path  
      Device Name USB Input Device
      Device ID USB\VID_0461&PID_4D63
      Port Path 1
      Device Name Generic Bluetooth Adapter
      Device ID USB\VID_0DB0&PID_A97A
      Port Path 1
      Reason This Bluetooth USB device does not support selective suspend because it is not remote wake capable.
      The average processor utilization during the trace was high. The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low. Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization.
      Average Utilization (%) 9.79

Warnings

Platform Timer Resolution:Platform Timer Resolution
      The default platform timer resolution is 15.6ms (15625000ns) and should be used whenever the system is idle. If the timer resolution is increased, processor power management technologies may not be effective. The timer resolution may be increased due to multimedia playback or graphical animations.
      Current Timer Resolution (100ns units) 10000
      Maximum Timer Period (100ns units) 156001
      Platform Timer Resolution:Outstanding Timer Request
      A program or service has requested a timer resolution smaller than the platform maximum timer resolution.
      Requested Period 10000
      Requesting Process ID 3748
      Requesting Process Path \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
      A program or service has requested a timer resolution smaller than the platform maximum timer resolution.
      Requested Period 100000
      Requesting Process ID 2408
      Requesting Process Path \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\RealTemp_360\RealTemp.exe
      Power Policy:802.11 Radio Power Policy is Maximum Performance (Plugged In)
      The current power policy for 802.11-compatible wireless network adapters is not configured to use low-power modes.
      CPU Utilization:Individual process with significant processor utilization.
      This process is responsible for a significant portion of the total processor utilization recorded during the trace.
      Process Name avgchsvx.exe
      PID 328
      Average Utilization (%) 3.87
      Module Average Module Utilization (%)
      \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\AVG\AVG10\avgcertx.dll 2.13
      \SystemRoot\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe 0.67
      \Device\HarddiskVolume1\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG10\avgchjwx.dll 0.43
      This process is responsible for a significant portion of the total processor utilization recorded during the trace.
      Process Name firefox.exe
      PID 520
      Average Utilization (%) 1.06
      \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\xul.dll 0.46
      \SystemRoot\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe 0.13
      \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\js3250.dll 0.12
      Process Name sidebar.exe
      PID 3272
      Average Utilization (%) 1.02
      \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.7601.17514_none_72d18a4386696c80\GdiPlus.dll 0.60
      \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\WindowsCodecs.dll 0.15
      \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\mshtml.dll 0.07
      Process Name plugin-container.exe
      PID 3748
      Average Utilization (%) 0.53
      \SystemRoot\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe 0.16
      \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll 0.10
      \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\xul.dll 0.07
      Process Name System
      PID 4
      Average Utilization (%) 0.30
      \SystemRoot\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe 0.14
      \SystemRoot\system32\halmacpi.dll 0.06
      \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys 0.04

Information

Platform Timer Resolution:Timer Request Stack
      The stack of modules responsible for the lowest platform timer setting in this process.
      Requested Period 10000
      Requesting Process ID 3748
      Requesting Process Path \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
      Calling Module Stack \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll
        \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\winmm.dll
        \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\xul.dll
        \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\user32.dll
        \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll
      The stack of modules responsible for the lowest platform timer setting in this process.
      Requested Period 100000
      Requesting Process ID 2408
      Requesting Process Path \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\RealTemp_360\RealTemp.exe
      Calling Module Stack \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll
        \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\RealTemp_360\RealTemp.exe
        \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\mfc42u.dll
        \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll
      Power Policy:Active Power Plan
      The current power plan in use
      Plan Name OEM Balanced
      Plan GUID {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e}
      Power Policy:Power Plan Personality (On Battery)
      The personality of the current power plan when the system is on battery power.
      Personality Balanced
      Power Policy:Video Quality (On Battery)
      Enables Windows Media Player to optimize for quality or power savings when playing video.
      Quality Mode Balance Video Quality and Power Savings
      Power Policy:Power Plan Personality (Plugged In)
      The personality of the current power plan when the system is plugged in.
      Personality Balanced
      Power Policy:Video quality (Plugged In)
      Enables Windows Media Player to optimize for quality or power savings when playing video.
      Quality Mode Optimize for Video Quality
      System Availability Requests:Analysis Success
      Analysis was successful. No energy efficiency problems were found. No information was returned.
      Battery:Battery Information
      Battery ID MSI Corp. MS-1719
      Manufacturer MSI Corp.
      Serial Number  
      Chemistry LION
      Long Term 1
      Design Capacity 79920
      Last Full Charge 69775
      Platform Power Management Capabilities:Supported Sleep States
      Sleep states allow the computer to enter low-power modes after a period of inactivity. The S3 sleep state is the default sleep state for Windows platforms. The S3 sleep state consumes only enough power to preserve memory contents and allow the computer to resume working quickly. Very few platforms support the S1 or S2 Sleep states.
      S1 Sleep Supported false
      S2 Sleep Supported false
      S3 Sleep Supported true
      S4 Sleep Supported true
      Platform Power Management Capabilities:Adaptive Display Brightness is supported.
      This computer enables Windows to automatically control the brightness of the integrated display.
      Platform Power Management Capabilities:Processor Power Management Capabilities
      Effective processor power management enables the computer to automatically balance performance and energy consumption.
      Group 0
      Index 0
      Idle (C) State Count 3
      Performance (P) State Count 0
      Throttle (T) State Count 0
      Effective processor power management enables the computer to automatically balance performance and energy consumption.
      Group 0
      Index 1
      Idle (C) State Count 3
      Performance (P) State Count 0
      Throttle (T) State Count 0

D_Xaster
    • Edited by D_Xaster Wednesday, February 23, 2011 8:33 PM update
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 8:06 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Me Again MSI finally got back to me with a Nvidia driver that works link Below,

http://www.msi.com/service/download/nbdriver-15143.html

D_Xaster
    • Marked as answer by D_Xaster Saturday, March 19, 2011 1:19 AM
    Saturday, March 19, 2011 1:19 AM

All replies

• Update:

I have disabled all of the devices listed above and ran another new energy report,It is shown below,As it says now they are no usb devices causing the issue,and still the same prob. as above"

"Now when I set to dim say 1 min,It try's to every time ,but won't dim screen.When I set to sleep,It goes to sleep now ,but after 5 min. after set time,ex. set to sleep after 5 min.,It sleeps after 10 min. No matter if its set to defaults are custom plan,Its always 5 min. late,and still won't dim.Also if I set it to turn off display for set time,and have it to also sleep at later time,It will not sleep or turn off after set time,It tries to over and over again,But won't sleep or turn off.After waiting way after time set to sleep,I ran powercfg -lastwake And get "Wake History Count - 0." ,So it's not going to sleep and then waking from some device or program,Its not going to sleep in the first place,This is when I have power settings to dim after set time,turn off after set time,and later sleep."

"When it's set with turn off display to never,It's as I stated above"I set to dim say 1 min,It try's to every time ,but won't dim screen.When I set to sleep,It goes to sleep now ,but after 5 min. after set time,ex. set to sleep after 5 min.,It sleeps after 10 min. No matter if its set to defaults are custom plan,Its always 5 min. late,and still won't dim.Either way I set it ,It won't dim after set time.If I have turn off display after set time and sleep at later time,It won't do either one."

New energy report below,Is there something I'm missing,Does anybody have any ideal's,As I'm running out of options to try!Help Please!

Any Help Much Thankful For!

Computer Name     D_XASTER-PC
    Scan Time     2011-02-23T22:45:32Z
    Scan Duration     60 seconds
    System Manufacturer     Micro-Star International
    System Product Name     GX700
    BIOS Date     03/11/2008
    BIOS Version     080014
    OS Build     7601
    Platform Role     PlatformRoleDesktop
    Plugged In     true
    Process Count     62
    Thread Count     740
    Report GUID     {9bc0a9c8-11ba-49ad-a5d4-0f5783f5bf8f}
    Analysis Results
    Errors
    Average Utilization (%)     5.68
    Warnings
    The default platform timer resolution is 15.6ms (15625000ns) and should be used whenever the system is idle. If the timer resolution is increased, processor power management technologies may not be effective. The timer resolution may be increased due to multimedia playback or graphical animations.
    Current Timer Resolution (100ns units)     10000
    Maximum Timer Period (100ns units)     156001
    Requested Period     10000
    Requesting Process ID     960
    Requesting Process Path     \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
    Requested Period     100000
    Requesting Process ID     2728
    Requesting Process Path     \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\RealTemp_360\RealTemp.exe
    Process Name     plugin-container.exe
    PID     960
    Average Utilization (%)     1.07
    Module     Average Module Utilization (%)
    \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll     0.50
    \SystemRoot\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe     0.21
    \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\xul.dll     0.07
    Process Name     sidebar.exe
    PID     2996
    Average Utilization (%)     1.03
    \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.7601.17514_none_72d18a4386696c80\GdiPlus.dll     0.62
    \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\WindowsCodecs.dll     0.12
    \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\mshtml.dll     0.07
    Process Name     firefox.exe
    PID     1612
    Average Utilization (%)     0.85
    \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\xul.dll     0.31
    \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\js3250.dll     0.14
    \SystemRoot\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe     0.10
    Process Name     dwm.exe
    PID     2620
    Average Utilization (%)     0.23
    \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\dwmcore.dll     0.08
    \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\nvwgf2um.dll     0.06
    \SystemRoot\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe     0.01
    Process Name     System
    PID     4
    Average Utilization (%)     0.21
    \SystemRoot\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe     0.12
    \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys     0.05
    \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\cng.sys     0.01
    Information
    Requested Period     10000
    Requesting Process ID     960
    Requesting Process Path     \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
    Calling Module Stack     \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll

Requested Period     100000
    Requesting Process ID     2728
    Requesting Process Path     \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\RealTemp_360\RealTemp.exe
    Calling Module Stack     \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll

\Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll

Plan Name     OEM Balanced
    Plan GUID     {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e}
    Personality     Balanced
    Quality Mode     Optimize for Video Quality
    Analysis was successful. No energy efficiency problems were found. No information was returned.
    USB Suspend:Analysis Success
    Battery:Analysis Success
    Sleep states allow the computer to enter low-power modes after a period of inactivity. The S3 sleep state is the default sleep state for Windows platforms. The S3 sleep state consumes only enough power to preserve memory contents and allow the computer to resume working quickly. Very few platforms support the S1 or S2 Sleep states.
    S1 Sleep Supported     false
    S2 Sleep Supported     false
    S3 Sleep Supported     true
    S4 Sleep Supported     true
    Group     0
    Index     0
    Idle (C) State Count     3
    Performance (P) State Count     0
    Throttle (T) State Count     0
    Group     0
    Index     1
    D_Xaster
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:09 PM
  • Well   i did a clean boot and removed all start up items that is not Microsoft and disabled nearly all windows services,Disabled nearly all devices in device manager seem that all that is left is below

bios
    nvidia driver
    mobile intel chipset drivers
    hardrive controler
    ac adapter
    battery
    pci bridge
    serial ata storage controller-2828

I'm out of options anybody got any suggestions?

Somebody from Microsoft can you help?

Newest energy report below,
    Computer Name     D_XASTER-PC
    Scan Time     2011-02-24T07:22:32Z
    Scan Duration     60 seconds
    System Manufacturer     Micro-Star International
    System Product Name     GX700
    BIOS Date     03/11/2008
    BIOS Version     080014
    OS Build     7601
    Platform Role     PlatformRoleMobile
    Plugged In     true
    Process Count     43
    Thread Count     459
    Report GUID     {c011ae1f-d3e4-4334-9f8f-e36bd67e50e8}
    Analysis Results
    Errors
    Warnings
    Information
    Current Timer Resolution (100ns units)     156000
    Plan Name     OEM Balanced
    Plan GUID     {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e}
    Power Policy:Power Plan Personality (On Battery)
    The personality of the current power plan when the system is on battery power.
    Personality     Balanced
    Power Policy:Video Quality (On Battery)
    Quality Mode     Balance Video Quality and Power Savings
    Personality     Balanced
    Quality Mode     Optimize for Video Quality
    USB Suspend:Analysis Success
    CPU Utilization:Processor utilization is low
    The average processor utilization during the trace was very low. The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low.
    Average Utilization (%)     0.84
    Battery:Battery Information
    Battery ID     MSI Corp. MS-1719
    Manufacturer     MSI Corp.
    Serial Number    
    Chemistry     LION
    Long Term     1
    Design Capacity     79920
    Last Full Charge     69775
    S1 Sleep Supported     false
    S2 Sleep Supported     false
    S3 Sleep Supported     true
    S4 Sleep Supported     true
    Platform Power Management Capabilities:Adaptive Display Brightness is supported.
    This computer enables Windows to automatically control the brightness of the integrated display.
    Group     0
    Index     0
    Group     0
    Index     1
    D_Xaster
    Friday, February 25, 2011 2:26 AM
  • Updated found this great thread that is a temp. fix as this will work,So maybe a Nvidia Driver prob.

Re: MSI GX700 BIOS TROUBLE WIN7
    « Reply #4 on: 12 December 09, 14:40:09 »
       Reply with quoteQuote
    Hi, it's me again. I will try to explain more clear how everything is working now on my MSI GX700 with NVIDIA 8600M GT, WIN7 and BIOS 1719_122.
    I found that the problem is with NVIDIA drivers (any version).
    Standard VGA driver works perfectly - the monitor turns off.
    After installing the NVIDIA drivers (even from laptopvideo2go) the monitor don't turn off but in power settings I see "Turn off monitor after 10 min".
    I open "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution" and then "Advanced Settings", then "Monitor - Properties - Driver - Disable". Don't be afraid the monitor will continue to work. Leave all like this. After restart of the system I checked the driver of the monitor is still "DISABLED" but now the monitor turns off after 10 min. I can play games and etc.
    I know this is not normal solution but it works (of course all problems with NVIDIA drivers remain).
    With hope to help  :no idea:  bonk

Temp Fix Thread>>http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=133394.0

More Here Also>>http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=145935.msg1087803#msg1087803

More Here Also>>http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/thread/82e079fc-0fe2-41c2-a531-8b07561ec9b9

Well I am trying to let the right people know about this issue,Nvidia,Microsoft,Im not so sure it is a Nvidia problem,As the above fix works,And in doing the above fix,You are not disabling the Nvidia driver,What you are doing is disabling the monitor.sys, driver for the generic PnP monitor!You are still using the Nvidia driver for the 8600M GT,This is why you can still have the resolution and it doesn't affect gaming.If you disable the Nvidia driver you won't even get the aero effect in Windows and your resolution will go down.I believe this is a Microsoft problem with the generic PnP monitor driver.I was just wondering if its just happening on msi notebooks,Or is it all generic monitors?I'll have to do more digging,But I going to try and get this to someone who can hopefully resolve this for good,I hope!

Any other info related to this please post,As I need all the info I can get,for a final resolution!
    Thanks,
    D_Xaster
    D_Xaster
    • Marked as answer by D_Xaster Saturday, February 26, 2011 9:35 AM
    • Edited by D_Xaster Saturday, February 26, 2011 8:26 PM update
    • Unmarked as answer by D_Xaster Saturday, March 19, 2011 1:20 AM
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 9:30 AM
  • Hello,

Me Again MSI finally got back to me with a Nvidia driver that works link Below,

http://www.msi.com/service/download/nbdriver-15143.html

D_Xaster
    • Marked as answer by D_Xaster Saturday, March 19, 2011 1:19 AM
    Saturday, March 19, 2011 1:19 AM