none
Progress line showing ahead of schedule RRS feed

• Question

• I have a summary task where the progress line is showing quite a bit ahead of schedule, however, all the tasks (which includes other summary tasks) are on schedule/complete - none of them are ahead of schedule.  There are quite a few completed milestones under the summary tasks.

This is affecting my reporting as it's showing ahead, when we are not.

I am using Project 2016.

Any ideas?

Thursday, March 29, 2018 6:19 AM

All replies

• Paddy, I am prepared to shown to be wrong here but I am going to suggest first of all that progress lines have never been useful of informative or meaningful, or easily interpreted, in any version of MSP. Yes, they have always been there, but they are really just an artifact of earlier versions of MSP, and were included only due to user requests. I have read that they were included as a result of a request from users in Japan. I avoid them.

The zig zags do not indicate ahead of or behind schedule. Also, if the tasks have been properly updated and re-scheduled as required, there should be no zig zag.

Do you have a screenshot?

• Marked as answer by PaddyFGee Wednesday, April 4, 2018 2:35 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by PaddyFGee Wednesday, April 4, 2018 2:35 PM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 9:06 AM
  • On the other hand, try this:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-the-status-date-41359205-4860-42e6-9b7b-2d702dcb52e3

Thursday, March 29, 2018 9:08 AM
  • Hi - i looked at this but this is for Project 2007 and the menu options referred to (ie Tools) isn't available in 2016 and i can't locate the "Edits to total task % complete will be spread to the status date" check box.
    Friday, March 30, 2018 8:21 AM
  • trying to upload screenshot but it won't allow me to as it says i need to verify my account....even though i already have .  Maybe there is a time delay???  Bear with me and i will get back to you but thank you for taking the time to reply.
    Friday, March 30, 2018 8:35 AM