none
Project Server Provisioned Workspaces RRS feed

• Question

• In Project server 2010 do you need a Project CAL to access SHarePoint sites that are provisioned by Project Server?  I have gotten mixed information on this and would like to know.  In the 2007 arena we were told they would need a CAL to access the sites, even though they would not access or use PWA to place time, just the data repository, hence the reason we seperated it out and placed our sharepoint sites in another area to avoid the use of CALs.

Thank you for any information in the most complex of topics from Microsoft.

Robert

Thursday, June 9, 2011 12:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Robert,

I agree with Michael, it will be best to speak to your software vendor but as far as I know all users that access a PWA project site will need a PWA CAL even if they do not access the Project Web App site, this is because the project sites contain data that links back to Project Server, Risks, issues etc.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hello Rober

Best solution is to call Microsoft Sales or Microsoft Partner that understands licenses. 

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 12:42 PM
  • Hi Robert,

I agree with Michael, it will be best to speak to your software vendor but as far as I know all users that access a PWA project site will need a PWA CAL even if they do not access the Project Web App site, this is because the project sites contain data that links back to Project Server, Risks, issues etc.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 1:16 PM