Compressing Windows folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

As many other people with small SSD drives (mine is 40gigs), even if my system is barely ONE week old, I need to find a solution quickly or Windows will take the whole room pretty soon.

I of course removed and moved all I could already but I still only have 2 gigs left (!!!)

I thought I could compress my C drive or windows folders individually. I tried but I get permission and file in use errors when going thru the rightclick drive/properties/disk cleanup route.

So what is the proper way of compressing my Primary (C) drive or Windows Folders?

Thanks!

Thanks, Zukanta
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

We don’t recommend to compress the Windows folder, it could cause some issue. 2 gigs is a normal size for the Windows folder.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, December 10, 2010 9:40 AM
    Friday, December 3, 2010 6:18 AM